Regal Entertainment Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Regal Entertainment Group
Summary: A line cook is a team member classified based on individual theatre needs, and/or employee availability, as either variable hour, part-time fixed, part-time regular or a full-time hourly employee who’s responsible for providing freshly prepared food products with fast and friendly service in a clean environment. They must have a genuine concern for assuring the satisfaction of every guest and represent the Company in a way that is consistent with the Company’s mission statement and policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
- Exceptional guest service skills.
- Preparing designated menu items using approved recipes, portions and plate presentations.
- Basic understanding of the controlling food costs and how the demand for individual food items may impact food costs.
- Operating, preparing and cleaning of all food preparation equipment, prep stations, and general kitchen areas.
- Proper use of all cleaning materials.
- Ensuring proper inventory rotation though the FIFO method.
- Proper use of all related storerooms.
- Knowledge of all kitchen opening, closing and in between show procedures.
- Knowledge of all emergency, evacuation and robbery procedures.
- Knowledge of and compliance with all local, state and federal food safety and sanitation laws (i.e. holding temperatures, storage, sanitizing, etc.).
- Knowledge and compliance of dress code.
- Abide by all federal and state laws with regards to breaks and/or meal periods.
- Completion of or progress towards completion of cast certification program as a cast member.
- Required to read and understand training materials that will cover subjects such as sexual harassment and discrimination.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or equivalent (if not currently a high school student). Completion of the Cast Certification Program as a cast member and as a member of the kitchen staff or progress towards completion required. Completion of the Food Safety ROU Course or progress towards completion.
Possess good public speaking, listen effectively and respond clearly and directly.
Perform calculations with speed and accuracy and identify and correct errors.
Identify problems, gather relevant data and note possible causes of problems. Evaluate relevant information, recognize alternatives and reach conclusions based on evidence. Take action beyond what is necessarily called for. Perform under pressure and/or opposition.
Possess excellent communication skills with customers, co-workers and management. Establish goals, budget time and set priorities to achieve desired objectives.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 60 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.