Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Synergy Account Manager
at Red Hat
- Job ID
- Field Sales
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat North America (NA) Telco team is looking for a Sales Synergy Account Manager to join us. In this role, you will have the opportunity to help define how Red Hat and IBM work together to maximize customer benefit and sales in North America. You will be responsible for identification, development, and implementation of focused go-to-market initiatives with IBM to achieve our assigned synergy single revenue objectives. You’ll work closely with NA Telco managers and country and partner managers tackling questions, issues, and business needs arising from the IBM and Red Hat go-to-market synergy operations. As you’ll work across the highest levels of the organization, you’ll need to be able to build great relationships with leaders in all areas of the company. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities
- Take an overall responsibility for planning and implementation of sales synergy initiatives to increase incremental bookings opportunities in NA Telco
- Develop and lead the NA Telco sales synergy enablement approach
- Serve as a facilitator and enabler for the NA Telco Sales Synergy team projects
- Proactively plan and implement current and future joint go-to-market synergy phases including accounts, incentives strategy, input-to-offerings strategy, etc.
- Proactively plan and work with regional sales teams to implement current and future joint go-to-market initiatives
- Provide input into global synergy efforts including accounts, incentives strategy, input-to-offerings strategy, etc.
- Ensure the full adoption of the rules of engagement and related governance
- Manage escalations, partner conflicts, and any change management issues to ensure synergy success
- Enable strategy to support synergy growth
- Operationalize synergy initiatives including lead passing, joint opportunity ownership, deal registration, accuracy, etc.
- Guide teams to agree on strategic questions, objectives, and key decisions
- Partner with business teams to identify and implement key initiatives including monitoring progress on on-going initiatives
- Assist business team leaders with business cases
- Provide in-house consulting resources relative to strategy and business practices across Red Hat
- 10+ years of experience supporting a software sales organization
- Outstanding presentation, organizational, and communication skills
- Experience with resource allocation and critical path dependencies
- Experience with large scale multidimensional IT project management
- Familiarity with financial modeling
- Experience working with complex data and performing statistical analysis
- Graduate degree, e.g., MBA is a plus
- Management consulting experience is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.