Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Account Solutions Architect
at Red Hat
- Job ID
- PreSales, Solution Architecture, Systems Engineering
- Remote base
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Create possibilities, solve problems, and establish working relationships with Red Hat's customers. The Red Hat Sales team is looking for an experienced sales engineer to serve as an Account Solutions Architect and join us in the Houston, TX area. In this role, you will discover and analyze the business and technical needs of our customers and collaborate with the sales and technical delivery teams to help customers invest wisely in the best solutions from across the Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Red Hat Virtualization, and cloud solutions to allow their systems to run faster and more efficiently. You'll need to have excellent communication and people skills, as you'll be a crucial part of the first major experience our customers have with Red Hat. As an Account Solutions Architect, you will also need to have a balance of technical expertise, passion for open source, and a thorough understanding of business processes. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities
- Collaborate with the sales and technical delivery teams to bring our customers the best solutions from across the Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure portfolio of solutions
- Discover and analyze customer business and technical problems and suggest the appropriate Red Hat's solutions that meet their needs
- Provide presales technical support for the development and implementation of complex offerings and solutions
- Use your deep knowledge of our offerings to provide technical expertise to sales associates and customers through sales presentations and demonstrations of our offerings; prepare detailed specifications of our offerings
- Follow standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data
- 5+ years of experience working in sales engineering, consulting, IT architecture, or equivalent field supporting enterprise accounts
- 5+ years of integration or development experience with the UNIX and Linux system administration
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a record of developing relationships at engineering, commercial, and executive levels
- Ability to interpret customer business problems and technical issues and effectively explain how a solution will align with customer needs or requirements
- Knowledge of enterprise solutions and architectures like cloud, big data, virtualization, storage, relational database management system (RDBMS), and enterprise resource planning (ERP) software like Oracle or SAP, clustering, and high availability
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), VMware Certified Professional (VCP), or Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certifications are a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.