Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Recruit Veterans
# of openings:
Recruit Veterans is currently seeking a Software Developer for our client in Houston, TX.
Nasa’s Mission Operations for the International Space Station is located at Johnson Space Center. The client provides engineering services to JSC. Come join us and be a vital part of operating the largest space station ever built.
We’re looking for a Software Developer that specializes in ROS and GazeboSim!
- SRC Model Creation.
- Design and develop robot models that are appropriate for completing autonomous collection of ISRU materials in a lunar or extra-terrestrial environment.
- Work with NASA team members to refine those models and develop controllers for use with Gazebo.
- Create and distribute documentation and tutorials for the utilization of those integrated controllers.
- Provide qualitative and/or quantitative characterization of expected vehicle/terrain interaction.
- Design and develop ROS infrastructure to transmit data from simulated sensors, to include camera, IMU, and joint encoders, in addition to other sensors as designated during the competition.
- Design and develop ROS infrastructure to transmit data from simulated motors, to include wheels, drills, and other mechanical actuation mechanisms.
- Develop ROS-based user interfaces for competitors to use for autonomous vehicle operations.
- Competition Environment Development.
- Develop and test simulation worlds, including detailed and lunar accurate lighting environment.
- BS degree in computer or science discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Proficiency in C++ coding.
- Proficiency with Python scripting.
- Proficiency with 3D Graphics Engine.
- Proficiency with Linux (Ubuntu OS).
- Proficiency with Robot Operating Systems (ROS).
- Software configuration management tools such as Bitbucket and Github.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong customer service attitude.
- OGRE 3D.
- Software requirements.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Recruit Veterans is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Recruiting Force, LLC dba Recruit Veterans provides a variety of technical, professional and administrative support services to government agencies and prime contractors across the country. We also support commercial clients both large and small with staff augmentation, direct-hire placement and recruiting services. Our focus is on winning new business and hiring and placing military veterans, spouses and their dependents into the contracts/companies that we support. However, we do accept resumes from all prospective