Radio One Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Promotions Coordinator
at Radio One Inc
Position: Sr. Promotions Coordinator Reports To: Promotions Director
Location: Houston Department: Programming
FLSA: Non-Exempt Station:
Mandate: To professionally* and competently assist the Promotions Director with the development, management, execution of standard and special events associated with the radio stations. Also assists the Marketing and Promotions Directors in all aspects of promotions including but not limited to on-air, digital and on-site promotions.
- Professional Development
- Market Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Objectives (by Responsibility )
- Distribute prizes to winners during office hours.
- Maintain inventory of prizes for all five stations on a daily basis.
- Greet contest winners during business hours (8:30am-5:30pm).
- Coordinate lunch break fill-in on a as needed at the front desk.
- Coordinate prize inventory with Program Director’s or Promotions Director’s at least 2 times daily.
- Responsible for year end tax form grids from all stations.
- Assist business office in handling special events.
- Responsible for generating listener audio for all stations on an as needed basis at Program Director(s) request.
- To attend all relevant skill building workshops as requested.
- To stay current with all relevant industry information as it applies to the overall job responsibility.
- To drive your own Performance Appraisal every twelve months.
Market Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Assist the Promotions Director with the development, management and execution of standard and special events associated with the radio stations. Also assists the Marketing and Promotions Directors in all aspects of promotions including but not limited to on-air, digital and on-site promotions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); some understanding of radio, one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience and light administrative skills; including Microsoft word and excel.
Must have the ability to read, analyze, communicate, effectively present information and respond to questions from contest winners.
Other Skills and Abilities
Must be very organized and very responsible and have excellent customer service skills. Maybe ask to work some weekends or evening hours to help assist with sales remotes and station events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms for production equipment.
*Professionalism is described as being consistently appropriate in all situations and at all times.
*Competence is defined as using “effectiveness and efficiency” in equal measure at all times.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer