Quest Software, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. User Experience Researcher
at Quest Software, Inc.
- Job ID
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
The User Experience Researcher will be responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting, analyzing, communicating, and socializing user research activities for enterprise SaaS products.
The researcher will work closely with other user experience team members, product managers, engineers, and product owners to develop studies that explore and identify customer problems and prioritize user needs, and integrate the findings into products. They will act as an advisor when needed for designers conducting research.
The researcher should be able to demonstrate experience working cross-functionally, collaboratively, and using real-world application of Agile methodologies.
This position is remote, but must be based in North America.
- Shape the future of research practices and think beyond the typical interviews, surveys, and usability tests - brainstorm and promote new and creative ways to gather input and data from users
- Advocate for and advise the team on the appropriate research method(s) based on research questions and goals, and be able to clearly articulate rationale
- Continuous improvement of the research practice and integrating it into design and product development
- Manage and improve overall analysis framework and outputs
- Integrate research insights across studies and other touchpoints (sales, customer support, etc): create a meaningful body of research knowledge by finding patterns in behavior, probing for meaning in data, and identifying and connecting trends
- Work with designers, analytics, and product to define and refine UX performance metrics
- Translate research into useful deliverables beyond reports and develop actionable recommendations based on research findings
- Clearly present and communicate research findings and recommendations in ways that are meaningful and easily understood - distill sometimes complex research findings into narratives and stories
- Champion for the user and identify opportunities to improve the user experience through research and testing
- Plan and facilitate collaborative workshop sessions
- Manage research vendor and participant recruitment relationships
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree (or higher) in a design, psychology, or UX-related discipline: Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Information Design, Digital Media, Communication Design, Graphic Design, Psychology
- 7+ years of experience in a UX or research role
- Remote research experience
- Experience and familiarity with user interface and interaction design is a plus
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Understanding of overall enterprise software design, as well as usability, accessibility, industry standards, and analytics
- Demonstrated experience integrating user research into the UX design process
- User experience portfolio that highlights successful projects with an emphasis on research
- Experience in an Agile environment
Nice to have
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Storytelling/creative writing
- Online whiteboarding tool experience, specifically when it comes to conducting research studies and workshops