Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President, Market Officer
Job Title:Vice President, Market Officer
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
As the VP, Market Officer, you will be responsible for the overall P& L performance of the Houston market, and is accountable for its performance, business planning, operations, and resources. This role will drive all initiatives and strategies for the market and will be the external market leader representing Prologis in the community. The VP, Market Officer will be accountable for the overall performance of the team and operating portfolio while working hand in hand sourcing and executing deployment opportunities with Investment Officers and other internal stakeholders.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Create, communicate, monitor and execute the vision, mission, strategy, objectives, business plan, budget, policies and operating plans for the assigned market.
- Develop and execute real estate strategies and transactions that support Prologis core business, plans, and objectives.
- Establish and grow on the favorable market presence for Prologis and report on market trends, maintaining a strong working knowledge and understanding of market data (lease and sale comps/absorption numbers/under construction figures along with all relevant historical statistics).
- Keep up-to-date on developments within the market and industry. Understand the market opportunities, capabilities, and competitive threats. Identify the most significant business and industry trends in the market(s).
- Financial Performance – Responsible for meeting the financial goals and expense management for assigned market(s).
- Prepare short and long term strategic plans, priorities, objectives and the annual budget for a market portfolio.
- Effectively understand and oversee financial accounting and reporting, identifying monthly trends and re-forecasting as indicated.
- Partner, support and actively participate in the opportunities to acquire and develop new business with Investment Officers and key stakeholders.
- Develop and strengthen relationship with customers, brokers, developers, planners, consultants and governmental/regulatory authorities to generate information about new land acquisition and business development opportunities.
- Target key sub-markets/prospects for business growth opportunities. Source and identify potential acquisition and development deals, consistent with the Company’s objectives.
- Lead and manage the Houston market team, creating an inspiring environment and coaching and motivating team members to meet market goals and strategies
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience in effectively managing a large team
- Seasoned transaction management experience. Proven skills in contract review and lease/purchase and sale negotiations.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of all facets of asset and property management, leasing, brokerage, marketing, and financial reporting.
- Strong analytical skills, including financial modeling and forecasting with an aptitude for translating quantitative and qualitative data into actionable items and for making recommendations to executives that impact the line of business.
- High level of attention to detail, the ability to work independently, adjust priorities, and work in a continuously changing environment.
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
- Strong customer orientation, excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to effectively respond to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, supervisor and/or management.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time
The World’s Leader in Logistics Real Estate
Prologis provides efficient logistics real estate solutions to the world. In partnership with top manufacturing and distribution companies, we ensure timely delivery of the products that make modern life possible.