Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Development & Construction Manager
Job Title:Development & Construction Manager
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
As the Development Manager for our Houston office, you will be responsible for building strong partnerships with the regional team (Investment & Market Officers) to achieve regional strategic goals. This position will manage the due diligence, entitlement, design and construction of industrial / warehouse facilities (both speculative and build-to-suit) and associated tenant improvements.
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
- Lead a team of consultants, and contractors to implement the regional capital deployment goals and objectives of Prologis.
- Plan internal and external resources as required to coordinate and monitor every facet of the development process in projects that are assigned, including:
- Assist Market Officer in evaluating land and building acquisitions and dispositions.
- Hire and manage design professionals and consultants.
- Lead project entitlement process from acquisition through project permitting.
- Provide conceptual and pre-construction estimating for all aspects of development.
- Manage procurement of project permits and approvals.
- Regulate on-site inspections of progress & quality.
- Lead Role in project closeout and transition to the property management group.
- Effectively communicate prudent information regarding project status to Market Officers and Supervisor.
- Develop, tender and manage bid packages for a variety of sizes of projects ranging from $50,000 to $50,000,000 in development cost.
- Review and update the Regional Prologis Specifications on regular intervals.
- Ensure development of site plans that deliver the best in class product consistent with the market demands while achieving the investment assumptions approved by Prologis’ underwriting process.
- Assist and manage any legal issues to ensure that the proper Agreements are executed for each development.
- Assist in responding to Build-to-Suit or Leasing RFP’s by establishing site plans and floor plans, proposed specifications, construction budgets, and schedules.
- Establish, plan, and chair regularly scheduled development meetings to communicate the company’s expectations and oversee the timely completion of milestones set forth in the each of the contemplated developments.
- Develop budgets and track costs for hard and soft costs for land, infrastructure, and building construction.
- Develop and track schedule to monitor progress of projects.
- Provide required updates on developments as required to meet SEC and GAAP reporting.
- Monitor trends in the local construction market including pricing of materials and labor
- Research design, and construction alternatives and value engineering opportunities that will enhance Prologis’ developments without compromising functionality or life cycle costs.
- Work within established project management and accounting processes and procedures all the while seeking innovation for upgrading Prologis’ process & quality of buildings.
- Interface and develop working relationships with various public agencies.
- Understand lease requirements, especially documentation.
- Understand & convey the inherent risks associated with a particular project.
- Understand & Embrace the Customer Oriented Culture of Prologis.
- Ensure Customer satisfaction (internal and external) through each project.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Minimum degree of a Bachelors of Science in Construction Management, Architecture, or Engineering (Civil or Structural).
- Five years of experience working in the field of Land Development, Civil Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management. If education is strictly in Engineering, Architecture or Real Estate Development, applicant should have a minimum of three concurrent years’ experience working on construction projects.
- Project management experience with a general contractor or consultant is preferred.
- Experience championing a project from acquisition through due diligence, entitlements and permitting, including knowledge of the CEQA process is preferred but not required.
- Additional experience on Design/Build projects is preferred but not required.
- Represent Prologis in a positive and professional manner, exhibiting behavior consistent with the company’s business values - IMPACT (Integrity, Mentorship, Passion, Accountability, Courage, and Teamwork)
- Promote the Prologis brand with enthusiasm.
- Maintain a high regard of confidentiality for company information.
- Embrace the small office environment and assist others to achieve the deadlines imposed.
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimal direction.
- Be enthusiastic, maintain a positive attitude, be a good team player and customer service oriented.
- Maintain computer proficiency: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project, Google Earth, ACAD viewer, Adobe Acrobat.
- Display excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be proactive in approaching solutions and problem solving.
- Work and manage a team well under pressure.
- Be able to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Promote a positive, can do attitude with a real focus on efficiency and effectiveness.
- Be able to have fun!
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time
The World’s Leader in Logistics Real Estate
Prologis provides efficient logistics real estate solutions to the world. In partnership with top manufacturing and distribution companies, we ensure timely delivery of the products that make modern life possible.