Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Plasma Cutter Operator in Houston, TX at PrideStaff
JOB SUMMARY:$16 to $18/hr
The Plasma/ Oxy Fuel sets up and operates a CNC Plasma cutting table. Performs a variety of duties including grinding, de burring, cleaning of parts, cutting and removal of scrap. Use Forklifts to move materials and parts as needed. Accurately complete all paper work associated with the position.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Select correct cutting tips or other attachments. Install and align them
- Set correct controls for speed, feed rate, depth and angle, or pressure and temperature
- Measure finished work pieces to determine if they are the right size and inspect for defects. Use meters, gauges, and other precision instruments
- Selects proper materials per cut programs or instructions
- Operate Forklift
- Troubleshoot the machine with the assistance of on the phone technical support or through standard practices.
- Determine proper method of adjusting machine to make the best cut
- Will be assigned other duties when slack time occurs in Plasma Cutter production schedule
- Fork lift truck Certification
- Must have analytical skills and computer proficiency to interpret Microsoft Office and adapt to new software cutting related programs.
- Communicates sufficiently to communicate in a clear, understandable manner.
- Conflict Resolution and Problem Solving experience.
- Knowledge of production processes and flow of product.
- Must be able to be effective in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to use measuring tools such as tape measure, box caliper, slide dial caliper, and micrometer.
- Ability to convert fractions to decimals and vice versa.
- Ability to convert metric to English.
- Provide high quality work to all internal and external customers as related to the output of their position.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High School diploma or GED
- 1 to 2 years in manufacturing environment operating the plasma cutter.
- Ability to lift, climb, bend, stoop, push and pull.
- Continuous standing and/or walking.
- Moderate physical effort- working frequently with average weights of ten to fifty pounds or continuously with lighter weights.
- Good eye/hand/foot coordination.
- Good visual acuity- cannot be colorblind.
- Ability to work in cold, hot and/or dusty environment, with noisy conditions.
- Must be able to lift fifty pounds independently.