Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sourcing Manager- HyCO
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19000161
Categories: Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
Praxair, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Linde plc, is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. Praxair produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings. Our products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, primary metals and many others. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.praxair.com.
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for managing the strategic sourcing process of complex, regionally or globally scoped commodities typically critical in the area of risk, spend, and growth.
Scope: This position is responsible for managing commodities generally with a managed spend of greater than $20MM. Incumbents in this position act as commodity owners and focal points for the regional Praxair Business.
Reporting Relationships: This position typically will report into the Operations Procurement Director. Incumbents in this position provide direction to Associate Buyers, and/or will have direct reports.
- Primary Procurement focal point for the regional business. Understand and communicate back to GPMM the region leaders' specific business goals and strategies.
- Work directly with regional VP and their team to confirm, define and prioritize the above list of GPMM initiatives.
- Manages regionally or globally scoped commodities by carrying out the strategic sourcing process. Creates and negotiates complex supply agreements consistent with Praxair's business interests.
- Extract relevant data from diverse sources. Develops and implements local/regional strategic plans for those mid-level commodities that are assigned as primary responsibilities.
- Measure the results of strategy implementation and provide actionable feedback to business stakeholders. Develops key metrics, forecasting and spend/save reports with the objective of enhancing the understanding of terms and market activity. Improves compliance and use of management control tools.
- Maintain a key role in commercial activities with suppliers, engineering, operations, and project management. Has lead role in optimizing supplier base.
- May use total cost of ownership levers to achieve cost reduction, cycle time reduction, improved service, increased reliability and productivity improvements.
- In conjunction with Project Management, business, sourcing, and requisitioner: solicits and analyzes quotations; selects successful supplier/contractor and negotiates purchases; insures that supplier management process is implemented.
- Procures equipment, materials, services, engineering and construction services from approved suppliers at the lowest evaluated cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability and delivery.
- Drives continuous improvement through Praxair's quality system.
- Bachelor's Degree in Procurement, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Business, Marketing, Engineering preferred; or equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
- MBA and/ or Professional Certification is desirable
- At least 5 years of Procurement experience
- Experience with Commercial Contracts
- Assertive, good communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate past leadership experience
- Ability to travel up to 20% is preferred
- Must be a strong self-directed professional with the ability to work effectively in a fast paced demanding environment with the ability to handle multi-tasks, and follow-through.
- Have a strong ability to network externally, and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven self-management, influencing and leadership skills.
- Must have highly developed communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, and customer focus skills.