Power Engineers Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Power Engineers Inc
Power Delivery Houston Substation Group
Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities
POWER Engineers is currently seeking a Drafter to work in the Power Delivery Substation Department in our Houston office (located in the north Spring area), Texas.
- The position entails drafting and design opportunities on substation projects that include physical and civil layout drawings as well as schematics and wiring diagrams.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for learning, understanding, and implementing CAD knowledge; learning client standards, practices, and procedures to ensure that work produced conforms to the client's standards and expectations; being responsible for knowing and following POWER's standards, procedures, and processes; collaborating on design issues; and seeking guidance from those with more experience.
- Associates degree in drafting (or equivalent technical degree).
- AutoCAD and/or MicroStation experience.
- Candidates must live within commuting distance of the north Spring area of Houston.
- The candidate must have strong command of the English language with good written and oral communication skills in order to work effectively with other team members.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. without the need for work sponsorship.
- 1+ years drafting experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
- Experience with Autodesk Raster Design and Bentley Descartes.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of substation electrical schematics and wiring diagrams, and/or substation physical/civil drawings.
- Good background in mathematics.
- Experience working with drawing scale.
At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our clients’ first choice. These traits – and deep technical skill – account for our success.
Have fun, do good work, make money. As an employee-owned company, we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel. We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package, professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be contradictory to some, but it works well for us.