Post Acute Medical
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hospital Director of Physical Rehabilitation Services - 10k Sign on Bonus - Clear Lake North
at Post Acute Medical
- PAM Rehabilitation Hospital of Clear Lake, North Campus
- Regular Full-Time
- # of Openings
Hospital Director of Physical Rehabilitation Services
$10,000 FT SIGN ON BONUS!
Full Time Days
Post Acute Medical is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 25 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation facilities currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at www.postacutemedical.com for a comprehensive look at how we're able to positively impact our local communities.
Post Acute Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Hospital Director of Physical Rehabilitation Services is responsible for the development, management, and operation of both inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services. These functions include staffing, program development, budget development and monitoring, program evaluation, quality assurance, risk management and marketing support relating to the program. Treats clients from age infant to geriatric. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Provides or arranges for sufficient and appropriate training for assigned staff.
- Provides day-to-day management of rehabilitation programs and outpatient services, including patient and personnel scheduling and implementation of hospital and program policies and procedures in, coordination with hospital administration.
- Develops the program budget, monitors budget performance, and ensures effective cost control in conjunction with hospital financial management.
- Ensures compliance with standards, rules and regulations of accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Provides direct therapy to patients in absence of therapist or when workload exceeds core staffing limits. Maintains competencies necessary to treat patients in age groups noted above
- Participates in implementation of appropriate and effective quality assurance, program evaluation and risk management programs in coordination with the other Program Directors.
- Implements the Post Acute Medical (PAM) philosophy of rehabilitation in all aspects of program operation.
- Ensures program functions are coordinated with the hospital administrator, medical director and department managers/directors; provides reports as required.
- Assists and supports the marketing staff/rehabilitation services and assists in marketing these services.
- Maintains contacts in the local/regional brain injury/spinal cord injury rehabilitation community and identifies community needs.
- Maintains professional memberships and continuing education as required by licensure and certification.
- Identifies business opportunities and reports to Marketing and Administration.
- Works with external case managers to promote use of PAM products and services.
- Assists in the coordination and implementation of the community injury prevention program.
- Inclusiveness: Promotes cooperation, fairness and equity; shows respect for people and their differences; works to understands perspectives of others; demonstrates empathy; brings out the best in others and in his/her team
- Managing Staff: Coaches, evaluates, develops, and inspires staff. Sets expectations. Recognizes achievements. Effectively manages conflict. Aligns dept. goals with company goals. Provides feedback, group leadership. Delegates appropriately. Evaluations completed on time.
- Stewardship and Resource Management: Demonstrates accountability and sound judgment in managing company resources. Appropriate understanding of confidentiality and company values. Adheres to and supports company policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Problem-Solving: Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions. Conducts appropriate analysis. Searches for best solutions. Effectively and efficiently implements appropriate response to correct problem. Responds promptly and effectively to new challenges.
- Decision-Making: Makes clear, consistent decisions. Acts with integrity in all decisions. Distinguished relevant from irrelevant information. Makes timely, appropriate decisions.
- Strategic Planning and Organizing: Understands company vision and aligns priorities accordingly. Measures outcomes. Uses feedback to redirect as required. Evaluates alternatives. Appropriately organizes complex issues to desirable resolution.
- Communication: Connects with peers, subordinate employees and all customers. Actively listens. Clearly and effectively shares information. Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills. Negotiates effectively.
- Quality Improvement: Strives for efficient, effective, high quality performance in self and the department. Delivers timely and accurate results. Resilient when responding to matters that are challenging. Takes initiative to make improvements.
- Leadership: Motivates others. Accepts responsibility. Maintains high morale in department. Develops trust and credibility. Expects honest and ethical behavior of self and staff.
- Teamwork: Encourages cooperation and collaboration. Builds effective teams. Works in partnership with others. Is flexible. Responsive to the needs of others.
- Development: Maintains up-to-date skills through involvement with professional organizations or continuing education
- Maintains the highest level of customer service via courtesy, compassion and positive communication.
- Promotes the Mission and Vision of Post Acute Medical within the work environment and community
- Respects dignity and confidentiality by adherence to all applicable policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
- Works in a manner that promotes safety; wears clothing appropriate to the performance of the job.
- Participates in OSHA required training.
- Follows universal precautions as appropriate for position; complies with Employee Health requirements for continued employment.
- Reports unsafe practices to management.
- Knows own role in case of an emergency.
Education and Training:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in a physical rehabilitation or related discipline.
- Two years experience in an appropriate supervisory role, or a MHA or MBA with two years supervisory preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Read and write the English language.
- Demonstrate positive attitude and willingness to confer with hospital administrative, professional and clerical personnel. This includes the understanding of and the ability to instruct staff.
- Ability to supervise personnel and to establish the environmental climate for motivational occurrence.
- Ability to develop a self-imposed schedule and realistic goals and objectives.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with peers, supervisory management personnel and staff.
- Ability to communicate with patients and family members in establishing a favorable attitude and motivating them to desired cooperation and effort.
- Ability to interact effectively and manage multi-disciplined personnel.
- Ability to plan and develop.
- Ability to utilize office equipment and computer software programs to support communication and reporting.