Plus One Health Management, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
at Plus One Health Management, Inc.
We are currently seeking a Per Diem Registered Dietitian Nutritionist in Spring/Woodlands TX.
A Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) consistently provides each client with the highest level of dietary, nutrition, and weight management programming in a positive, professional, service-oriented environment. In addition, the individual is expected to appropriately represent Optum On-Site Services at the client, as well as identify and initiate mutually beneficial new business opportunities where appropriate.
- Provide individualized in-person nutrition counseling to clients with a wide range of medical conditions in private sessions and group settings to exceed each client’s targeted goals.
- Assess nutritional needs, diet restrictions, and current health plans to develop and implement personal dietary-care plans to address the unique needs of each client.
- Counsel clients on basic nutritional principles, dietary plans, diet modifications, healthy eating habits, and food selection and preparation to improve quality of life.
- Work collaboratively with physicians and health care personnel to determine nutritional needs and diet restrictions of clients as needed when available.
- Develop educational program materials with the input of the Director of Nutrition and Optum Marketing department to balance the science of healthcare with fun and motivating programs.
- Conduct at least one On-Site Services University course per year to promote healthy living practices and behaviors through learning, exercise and positive attitude by embracing the knowledge about our industry.
- Support healthy café initiatives including strategy development, and on-site implementation and partnership with cafeteria vendors.
- Support additional benefits, wellness, health screening, and health fair projects as needed.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all site offerings such as personal training, ergonomics, health promotion, coaching, nutrition, etc. and refer members to other Optum programs, products, and ancillary service and/or client vendor partners as needed.
- May occasionally travel to other Optum locations for consultations and/or lectures.
- Implement and follow all Optum and client policies and procedures as outlined in the Team Member Manual.
- Greet members and guests using a personalized approach and demonstration of P.R.I.D.E.
- Respond to member/guest suggestions, concerns, and complaints in a timely, professional, and consistent manner while providing the gold standard in customer service. Take ownership of challenges by finding the appropriate team member who can directly assist, if unable to provide efficient support to member/guest.
- Activate emergency action plans and administer first aid, as necessary.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in nutrition or a related field. Current professional certification or licensure such as Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and/or Licensed Dietitian (in states where licensure is applicable).. Knowledge of dietetic and nutrition standards and guidelines. Two years of experience as a nutritionist or dietitian. Experience with motivational interviewing in a wellness-related activity or program. Competent with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook). Must be knowledgeable about the industry with the customer skills to network, engage, and interact with all clients, guests, and participants with P.R.I.D.E. Must communicate professionally using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and relay information to and from staff/clients/guests. Ability to effectively engage participants as a public speaker.
VALUED BUT NOT REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree in Nutrition or a related field. A NCCA accredited personal training certification and/or group fitness certification may provide the candidate with additional opportunities. Four or more years of experience in nutrition field administering consultations and group presentations. Comprehensive understanding of the principles of exercise, cardiovascular, strength and flexibility training. Prior experience working with food service vendors in a corporate environment. Customer service training and comfortable in a sales driven environment.