Plains All American Pipeline, L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Project Manager
at Plains All American Pipeline, L.P.
Sr Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager will, under minimum supervision, apply project management best practices, adapted to the culture of Plains All American Pipeline, to ensure that each project results in the realization of the desired business benefits. In order to accomplish this, the project manager will need to use a business process-driven approach to facilitate the identification of project scope, approach, and constraints. Using all of this information, the project manager will develop and manage an end-to-end plan that includes all work and all organizations that must participate in the project. Key to the success of the project is the project manager’s ability to work with all project stakeholders and sponsors to create and maintain alignment of understanding of the project goals, status and progress.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for end-to-end project planning and coordination. This will include all internal (corporate and field offices) and external organizations that must participate in the project or will be affected by the project.
- Work with the project sponsors and key individuals to define the scope of the project and of the project deliverables (the product of the project).
- Work with the appropriate individuals to develop a project approach.
- Understand the resource requirements and work with appropriate management to determine resource availability.
- Create integrated end-to-end project plans, including resource loading.
- Create high-level and detailed cost estimates.
- Work with the appropriate business representatives to complete the business case.
- If applicable, ensure all vendor contracts are reviewed by IS and Legal prior to signature.
- Ensure all project funding is approved.
- Coordinate and facilitate project kick-off meetings.
- Identify risks, issues, dependencies and mitigation recommendations.
Project Execution and Monitoring
- Ensure all project participants are continuously aware of their project deliverables and deadlines.
- Proactively manage the identification and resolution of project risks and issues.
- Communication of project status and progress to all appropriate project stakeholders.
- Manage the acceptance and storage of key project deliverables.
- Throughout the project, track and manage project spending as compared to the approved budget.
- Manage project scope using defined change management and escalation processes.
- Conduct project team meetings.
- Communications and presentations to all levels of the organization.
- Store key project management documentation.
- Document lessons learned. Provide feedback and recommendations for improvement to the project management methodology and templates.
- On a project-by-project case, one or more project managers might report to a senior project manager for the duration of the project.
- Mentor less experienced project managers.
- Provide project management oversight of less experienced project managers, as requested.
- Participate in the ongoing development of the PMO methodology, including the development and improvement of standard tools and templates.
- Provide ongoing education and support for all project team members on the proper use of, and the reasons for, project management processes and tools.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Project management. Deep expertise in project management methodology, processes and techniques. Expertise on at least one major project management tool. Knowledge of project and project portfolio governance models and techniques.
- Experience implementing asset management systems (e.g. Maximo) is highly desirable.
- Business Process Management. Knowledge of standards and techniques for modeling current state and desired business processes
- Organizational Change Management. Knowledge of techniques for supporting the organization through changes being brought about by projects.
- Knowledge and skills with basic workshop facilitation techniques.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office.
- Relates well to a wide variety of diverse styles, types, and classes; open to differences; effective up, down, sideways, inside and outside; builds diverse networks; quick to find common ground; treats differences fairly and equitably; treats everyone as a preferred customer.
- Fearlessly takes on all issues; challenges and people; comfortably confronts and works through conflict; delivers negative feedback and messages without hesitation; deals promptly and fairly with problem performers; lets everyone know where they stand.
- Flexible and able to change approach when necessary to deliver results.
- Must have the ability to assess situations and make corrective actions and adjustments to approach and style to complete tasks at hand.
- Able to think ahead and anticipate issues. When difficult situations occur and there isn’t a straight forward and immediate direction, able to find ways to move things along.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred.
- PMP certification preferred. If not, employees will be expected to work toward certification.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience as a project manager/program manager.
- Experience as a project manager on business and IT projects.
- Recent experience implementing asset management systems is highly desirable.
- Experience in the pipeline industry and/or energy industry is highly desirable.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Attention: Plains All American Pipeline, L.P. does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruitment agencies, either submitted through this website or directly to Plains All American Pipeline, L.P. employees.