Plains All American Pipeline, L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IS/PMO Sr. Project Manager
at Plains All American Pipeline, L.P.
IS/PMO Sr. Project Manager
The Project Management Office (PMO) at Plains has been experiencing consistent growth over the last few years and is continuing this pattern of growth with ongoing and new large-scale capital programs and projects. Plains is seeking the right candidate to join a group of talented project managers and actively participate in the continued growth and development of the PMO team. This role will apply project management best practices, adapted to the culture of Plains, to ensure that each project results in the realization of the desired business benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for end-to-end management of projects through all project phases: Initiation, Planning, Design, Execution, Deployment, Closing.
- Responsible for in-depth project planning, working directly with all internal stakeholders (corporate and field offices) as well as external vendors. This includes working with the project sponsors and key stakeholders to define the scope of the project, the project deliverables, resource requirements, as well as the appropriate project management approach for each project.
- Create integrated end-to-end project plans, including resource loading.
- Create detailed cost estimates and work with the appropriate business representatives to prepare business cases.
- Coordinate and facilitate project kick-off and status meetings.
- Identify risks, issues, dependencies and mitigation recommendations and proactively manage the identification and resolution of risks and issues throughout the life of the project.
- Communication of project status and progress to all appropriate stakeholders. This includes communications and presentations to all levels of the organization.
- Track and manage project spending.
- Manage project scope using defined change management and escalation processes.
- Document lessons learned. Provide feedback and recommendations for improvement to the project management methodology and templates.
- Mentor less experienced project managers.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Business process management. Knowledge of standards and techniques for modeling current state and future state processes.
- Organizational change management. Knowledge of techniques for supporting the organization through changes being brought about by projects.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations and facilitate workshops.
- Relates well to a variety of diverse work styles; treats differences fairly and equitably; treats everyone as a preferred customer.
- Strong conflict resolution, negotiation and mediation skills.
- Flexible and able to change approach when necessary to deliver results.
- Must have the ability to assess situations and make corrective actions and adjustments to approach and style to complete tasks.
- Able to think ahead and anticipate issues.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred.
- PMP certification preferred. If not, employee will be expected to work toward certification.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience as a project manager/program manager on business and IT projects.
- Recent experience implementing asset management systems is highly desirable.
- Experience in the pipeline and/or energy industry is highly desirable.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Attention: Plains All American Pipeline, L.P. does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruitment agencies, either submitted through this website or directly to Plains All American Pipeline, L.P. employees.