Plains All American Pipeline, L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Plains All American Pipeline, L.P.
The Business Analyst will, under minimum supervision, apply process management best practices, adapted to the culture of Plains All American Pipeline, to ensure that the goals of each project are delivered through a common understanding of the desired business processes.
In order to accomplish this, the Business Analyst will facilitate the project team through the definition and documentation of the existing (current state) business processes and the desired (future state) business processes. Using this information, the Business Analyst will work with project stakeholders to identify skill gaps and cultural barriers that might prevent or reduce the project’s success at delivering business value.
In addition, the Business Analyst will coordinate the development of test and training plans to ensure that the business is able and ready to execute the future state business processes. Following a project’s implementation, the Business Analyst will be called upon to gather and analyze information to determine if the processes are being executed effectively, as designed.
- Facilitate cross-functional project teams to create current state and future state business process models.
- Work with appropriate business and IS staff to gather business process performance information.
- Work with business process owners to document Business Requirements
- Work with business process owners to analyze and recommend improvements to business processes.
- Ensure that the desired business processes and the list of requirements complement and reflect each other.
- Develop testing approaches and test plans/scripts for verifying/validating that new or modified business processes work as designed. Test the entire, end-to-end, process, including manual steps and steps provided or supported by technology.
- Coordinate the testing of new business solutions.
- Create training approach and plan.
- Develop training material and deliver training to appropriate people.
- Assist the project manager with project planning, including the identification and estimation of business process activities needed to make the project successful.
- Background in the pipeline industry, logistics and/or supply chain.
- Business Process Modeling. Knowledge of standards and techniques for modeling current state and desired business processes
- Business Process Analysis: Ability to work with process owners and process participants to identify potential process improvements
- Information Management: Ability to work with the appropriate people to gather and consolidate data into information that is useful for understanding, describing and improving business processes. This includes trend analysis and basic statistics.
- Organizational Change Management. Basic abilities to predict recognize and address factors that cause people to resist change in the workplace.
- Strong knowledge and skills in workshop facilitation techniques.
- Conflict resolution Negotiations and mediation skills.
- Ability to analyze problems and provide solution in a time sensitive environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with a diverse group of executives, directors, managers and subject matter experts.
- Strong skills with Microsoft SharePoint, MS Office and MS Visio.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies
- 4-8 years’ experience.
Education or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- IIBA CCBA or CBAP Certification(s) - highly desired, but not required
- MI Professional in Business Analysis (PMO – PBA) Certification - highly desired, but not required