PHOENIX INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT SERVICES, ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HSE SYSTEMS AND IMPROVEMENT LEAD
at PHOENIX INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT SERVICES, ltd.
- 06-Aug-2019 to 05-Oct-2019 (CST)
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
The Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) Systems and Improvement Lead is responsible for assisting the HSEQ Manager with Phoenix's HSE policies and programs to ensure compliance with industry, federal, state and local regulations. The primary functions of this position are to: recommend, develop, implement, and administer safe and environmentally sound work practices and training programs; assist in maintaining and improving our HSE Management System (HSE MS) consistent with ISO and other standards; assist in the management of Risk Registers and other Risk Management programs and tool; and play a key role in the investigation and preparation of reports for all accidents/injuries in an effort to reduce overall accident rates. This position is located in Bayou Vista and reports to the HSEQ Manager.
CLASSIFICATION: NON-EXEMPT (SALARIED)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the HSEQ Manager in the management, audit, and improvement of the Phoenix HSE MS.
- Monitor industry, government, and regulatory requirements for changes that impact Phoenix HSE processes, procedures, and the HSE MS and participate in implementation plans to maintain 100% compliance as required.
Continuous Improvement of the Phoenix HSE Program
- Assist the HSEQ Manager and Phoenix Management in providing a safe work environment for employees.
- Identify, investigate, recommend and assist development of compliant processes and procedures for additional HSE standards (U.S. and International) necessary for compliance to enable Phoenix to work in all current business sectors as well as new areas identified by Phoenix Management.
- Review and audit HSE performance to ensure compliance with cognizant regulatory agencies (e.g. OSHA, DOT, S. Coast Guard, etc.), and Phoenix requirements.
- Coordinate and implement safe work practices and policies for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with all other departments on appropriate HSE issues.
- Disseminate relevant and pertinent HSE information, warnings, and accident information among all facilities.
- Consult and assist facility managers on all aspects of HSE, including accident trend analysis, risk identification, training, and hazard or risk reduction.
- Promote and ensure compliance with Phoenix's safety programs and Phoenix HSE MS.
Operational Safety Management and Oversight
- Recognize, identify, and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices
- Consult and assist facility and other HSE team members on all aspects of HSE, including accident trend analysys, risk identification, training and hazard or risk reduction
- Assist the HSEQ Manager in analysis of HSE data and preparation of periodic programmatic status reports.
- Provide leadership and assistance to Program and Project Managers in the preparation of project specific Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments (HIRAs).
- Assist and advise the HSEQ Manager in the successful integration of HSE into all aspects of Phoenix's operational strategy.
- Recommend and procure safety equipment and supplies.
- Maintain files and record systems pertaining to the Phoenix safety program.
- Act as a resource for employees regarding safety issues.
- Primary person responsible for oversight of HSE practices in the Houston Facility and for work planned and executed in that area.
- Assist the HSEQ Manager in maintaining content in third party management systems such as ISNETWORLD, PEC, Veriforce.
Training and Qualification of Personnel
- Maintain Qualification as an Instructor for a broad array of training.
- Develop, implement, and conduct appropriate HSE training for company employees to improve safety and health performance via meetings, manuals, bulletins, videos, etc.
- Train supervisors on current applicable regulatory concerns.
- Conduct or train safety representatives and operational group managers in conducting all required training programs.
Accident and Incident Investigation and Reporting
- Work closely with the HSEQ Manager and operational group managers and supervisors in the investigation of work-related injuries or illnesses and determine root causes and corrective actions.
- Ensure appropriate records are maintained as required by HSE regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety and Health or Industrial Five years of experience managing safety in the marine or commercial diving industry can be substituted.
- Offshore operations experience desired.
- Must possess knowledge of DOT, USCG, and OSHA regulations and ADCI and IMCA recommendations.
- Professional safety-related certifications a plus.
- Experience with hazard identification, risk management, control techniques, and accident investigation techniques preferred.
- Computer skills with competence in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong technical writing skills and demonstrated ability to develop safety programs and conduct employee training on these programs.
- Ability and willingness to professionally develop and present briefings on the Phoenix HSE program to Customers and prospective Clients.
- Excellent organization and communication (written and verbal) skills and the ability to meet critical deadlines and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to personally inspect and audit job sites, equipment set up, and installations on shore, vessels, and platforms including travel to and work on offshore facilities.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel to the project sites with little or no notice.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background check, as required.
Phoenix International, Inc, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.