PETCO Animal Supplies, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Asst Market Leader - Vetco
at PETCO Animal Supplies, Inc.
Because we're obsessed with the health of pets, we offer a variety of vet services to meet the needs of our customers, which means a wealth of career opportunities, whether you're a licensed veterinarian or a veterinarian support professional. Located inside Petco stores, our Vetco Wellness Centers offer professional expertise for common pet health problems.
Our Vetco vaccination clinics offer a variety of preventive care services for healthy dogs and cats inside Petco and Unleashed by Petco retail stores across the US. Rather than having a permanent presence, these clinics function like pop-ups inside Petco stores: our crew and veterinarian arrive at the store with the equipment, vaccines, medications, and everything else they need to take care of the pets they see.
This position is responsible for establishing and promoting a culture in which we proactively engage and educate pet parents and help them feel confident that they are providing the best care to their pets. Assist in managing a matrix-like environment to ensure operational goals and customer satisfaction needs are met. Promote a culture of service and trust for customers and staff. Establish and sustain an environment that supports partners in doing their jobs well, ensuring each associate receives the prescribed training and feedback, and meets the required qualifications for their position.
Essential Job Functions: The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Oversees the daily operation and manages all aspects of the business to ensure it meets sales and profitability projections.
- Completes and submits accounting, inventory management, and payroll paperwork accurately and in a timely manner. Ensure all expenses are maintained within budgeted levels.
- Coaches partners to peak levels of productivity, efficiency and teamwork. Encourages a culture of fun, accomplishment, development and teamwork.
- Establishes, models and sustains an environment of proactive customer engagement, seeking to understand customer needs and educate them on the best choice for their pets so they leave confident, satisfied and wanting to return. Trains, coaches and supports sales partners to do the same.
- Manages partners, which includes recruiting, reviewing job applications, and interviewing job applicants, checking references, conducting pre-employment background checks, hiring, and training.
- Manages and coaches partners to do their jobs well and to balance the needs of the customer with the need to complete assigned responsibilities. Responsible for the continuous training and development of partners. Ensures partners have the necessary training, knowledge and customer engagement skills to achieve sales goals.
- Participate in tasks associated with scheduling veterinarians in advance of clinics.
- Partner with clinic location management and Petco field leadership to identify business and relationship improvement opportunities and lead or assist in their implementation. Participate and present material on clinics to store leadership partners.
This position directly supervises Vet Assistants, Customer Assistant, and Rig Managers and other market support personnel.
- In addition to a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED), an applicant must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the areas of mathematics, basic accounting relationships, analysis and problem-solving skills. Excellence in communication and computer skills is also required.
- Three years previous retail, sales or service management experience required, including 1 or more years prior leadership and/or management experience or the equivalent. A working knowledge of general business practices is highly desirable, as are strong organizational skills. A qualified applicant will possess an aptitude for demonstrating basic sales techniques and the ability to instruct others in their application. In addition to having a professional appearance and demeanor, the applicant must also demonstrate a keen and genuine passion for animals and people. Must be licensed to operate a motor vehicle and have a clean driving record.