Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Phase II Construction Manager (Future Opportunities)
at Perry Homes.
Are you seeking a career opportunity with advancement in the Construction Management field? If so, don't delay and apply today!
1967, we have built homes for over 50,000 families and we are still growing. Bob Perry held a vision for building quality homes at a reasonable price. For more than 50 years, Perry Homes’ continued commitment to quality and value has allowed us to build a sterling reputation as one of the largest and most trusted homebuilders in Texas. In 2015, we were named Builder of the Year by the Greater Houston Builders Association for the third time over the company’s history.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Acquire and apply the appropriate knowledge of Perry Homes construction procedures regarding the Phase II process (from sheetrock tape and float to home completion) and perform warranty service according to Company procedures. While this position may be subject to onsite supervision, the Phase II Construction Manager is expected to exercise considerable independence and discretion in carrying out the following critical Phase II tasks for each assigned home: (1) coordinate the various independent contractors over multiple jobsites; (2) order construction materials; (3) monitor the quantity and quality of construction materials and completed tasks, and (4) ensure standards of quality as set forth by Perry Homes. Factors critical to success include management of time under construction, construction supervision, direct overhead costs, budget variances, and change orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate vendors and independent contractors to order materials and control all materials necessary to complete Phase II construction.
- Coordinate independent contractor work and material deliveries. Ensure proper delivery and placement of all materials on the job site.
- Provide information to independent contractors so construction work can be performed in acceptable manner. Stop contractor work when it is unsatisfactory and order removal of contractor personnel when necessary.
- Schedule all independent contractors in a timely and efficient manner, and adjust schedules daily as a result of actual work completed. Maintain daily communications with independent contractors on the job site to ensure timely completion of their work.
- Create and maintain efficient organization to the Phase II construction process. Develop construction schedule for each home and adjust schedules as necessary due to contingencies in construction, to meet any safety, quality or legal requirements, or to ensure a high quality home is built within budget.
- Review and approve invoices and payments to independent contractors for completed work on a weekly basis. Consult Project Manager for approval of backcharges when appropriate.
- Oversee activities of punchout and cleaning personnel as necessary to complete Phase II construction.
- Inform Project Manager or Vice President of Construction of conflicts between blueprints and as-built construction.
- Create and implement recommendations concerning best solution for any issues that may arise with building inspectors, contractors, customers, or suppliers.
- Track construction costs against original estimates and use this work product to suggest additional efficiencies and overall improvement in the new home construction process.
- Plan and coordinate warranty service as stated by company policy. This includes properly communicating with homeowners (maintaining good customer relations) and inspecting all warranty to ensure that the work meets company standards.
- Inspect all materials upon delivery for proper placement and accurate size, quantity and level of quality. Determine whether such materials meet appropriate quality standards and are otherwise acceptable.
- Inspect all materials and workmanship during installation and upon completion to ensure our company’s goal of “quality at every phase”. Apply your discretion and independent judgment to determine when each home is ready to be inspected by third-party inspector. Verify that each stage of construction is 100% complete prior to authorizing payment for that stage.
- Responsible to plan for, schedule and maintain in a high state of quality any assigned inventory homes, which can entail overseeing activities of cleaning and punchout employees with the Project Manager.
Monitor compliance with the subdivision safety program and inform the Project Manager of any violations. Remove from the construction site any independent contractor personnel who, in your judgment, fail to maintain appropriate safety standards. Otherwise handle any and all safety situations that arise, using your discretion and judgment.
Related Duties as Assigned
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Project Manager, Vice President of Construction, or Division President.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred; High School diploma or GED required.
- Prior experience in a Production Management environment preferred.
- Current, valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively and professionally with independent contractors and homeowners, both verbally and in writing. Excellent customer service skills required.
- Ability to complete tasks on short notice under extreme time constraints. Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, reports, correspondence, blueprints, construction plans, plats, and development plans. Ability to write correspondence and reports.
- Knowledge of all Perry Homes policies and procedures applicable to construction personnel and construction activities.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, manage self, manage time effectively, evaluate alternative courses of action and decide appropriate action in complex situations with multiple variables, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute ratios and percentages and employ geometrical and spatial skills.
- Fundamental knowledge of local building codes and safety regulations.
- Truck that complies with Perry Homes’ construction policies.
- Computer skills required: Intermediate MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Explorer.
Full Benefits Package
Health, Dental & Vision
Life, STD & LTD Insurance
New Home Discount
Perry Homes Family College Fund
**Note to job seekers: Your resume will be reviewed and the best qualified candidates will be contacted in the event that there is a potential match**
Perry Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer