Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager - Road & Highway Infrastructure
at Parsons Corporation
Project Manager – Road & Highway – Houston, Texas
Parsons is now hiring an experienced Project Manager for our road & highway infrastructure practice with a desire to work on creating innovative, practical solutions to various road /highway projects in Texas and the surrounding region that enhance the urban fabric of our community.
In this role you will oversee and manage the overall civil design and/or design-build efforts on road, highway, arterial and collector street projects. You will be responsible for overseeing the civil design team’s technical deliverables and meeting project schedules for design submittals and for construction documents/specifications. You will assure the highest quality of engineering is put forth to meet all design criteria requirements. Final design development process experience and a proven track record of successfully managing and delivering projects is required.
Will oversee and manage various Texas DOT related projects for road & highway systems design, and also may interface on additional regional projects
Schedules and coordinates project interactions among existing and occupied facilities.
Manages inter-disciplinary teams of professionals and supporting labor categories.
Integrates competing and/or conflicting elements into the planning and execution processes so that project requirements flow smoothly.
Mobilizes company resources, through liaison with support departments, other offices, or subsidiaries, to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work. Discusses the qualifications required of the key project positions in specific detail with the profit center and department managers. Collaborates with the office facilities staff to address project space requirements.
Acts as the Company representative with the client and selected subcontractors during the program execution. Negotiates changes to the scope of work with the client and key subcontractors. Markets and secures additional work with client. Responsible for following up on instructions and commitments associated with the project.
Participates in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings in support of clients.
Oversees establishment of Project Execution Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required.
Establishes the program requirements for all areas of the project, and monitors the draft and final deliverables for adherence to these criteria. Responsible for the development and distribution of a one to two-page description of the project to all members of the project team for reference.
Works with other managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to develop budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project. Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans.
Works with the key project individual to devise and execute actions plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work. Advises the client and company management of any such changes.
- The Project Manager is specifically responsible for maintaining current and timely change orders.
- Promotes technical and commercial excellence on the project through application of Quality Assurance processes.
- Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule.
- Establishes weekly meeting to review project status and formulate action items.
- A 4year degree in Civil Engineering or a relate related technical field
- 12 years or more of related civil engineering management experience on large scale urban road, highway, arterial and collector street programs.
- Extensive experience with Texas DOT and Geopak modeling highly preferred.
- Incumbent should have a broad general technical and business background.
- Professional registration ( PE) required.
- Must have the ability to manage projects, interface with clients and enjoy being hands on technically in the project. Our Project Managers still get very involved in the designs on the project.
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry standards.
- Incumbent must meet Parsons' project management certification requirements. Proven ability to perform in a management capacity, excellent written and oral communications.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.