Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electrical Engineer: JSC
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Electrical Engineer: JSC
Position Title: Electrical Engineer Professional Job Code: ENG-ELE110
Company Conformance Statement
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Employees are required to:
- Comply with all applicable safety- and health-related rules, regulations, and procedures;
- Work safely themselves and help their teammates work safely;
- Assist supervisors and managers in identifying and mitigating potentially hazardous conditions; and
- Help the organization maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
Purpose of the position
Will perform assigned electrical engineering duties as a PAE employee onsite at the NASA Johnson Space Center. Plans, designs, develops, modifies and evaluates power generation and distribution, information processing hardware and/or electrical components, mechanisms, materials, circuitry, equipment or processes.
Principal Responsibilities of the Position
- Designs, plans and oversees the installation and maintenance of electric or electronic equipment, components and circuits for new and existing facilities.
- Defines requirements and creates schematics for hardware system architecture. Evaluates performance, integrates hardware units and interconnection of units.
- Selects appropriate components based upon reliability, performance and availability.
- Conducts validation, verification and qualification testing. Conducts error testing of systems and circuit designs.
- Provides product support, as appropriate, by isolating faults and resolving design issues.
- Ensures electrical designs comply with product specifications. Verifies designs are implemented with accurate consideration for power management, systems interfaces, etc.
- Ensures designs incorporate approval agencies and electrical safety standards. Participates in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance.
- Reviews vendor capability to support product development and recommends product specifications and component selection. Monitors the activities of subcontracted technical services.
Education and Experience Requirements
- B.S in Electrical Engineering
- Twelve or more years of engineering experience in a related area
- Experience working with engineering processes and procedures
- Experience with Project Management
- Licensed PE in the State of Texas
- Experience with Arc Flash/ETAP
- Experience with National Electrical Codes (NEC)
- Must be able to obtain, and maintain the required NASA badge to work on-site.
- Must be able to provide a certified Birth Certificate (with state seal), Passport, or INS Citizenship documents on date of hire (candidate will be sent home if this paperwork is not provided upon arrival on date of hire).
- Must have the ability to communicate the English language, both verbally and written, in an effective manner.
- Must have, and maintain, a valid Texas driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a Pre-Employment background check and drug screen test.
Special Knowledge and Skills Required
- Skills in Auto computer aided design (AutoCAD) software such as Pro/Engineer, SolidWorks, and MicroStation, etc.
- Skills Microsoft Suite Tools
- Organization and time management skills to maintain project deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish/maintain customer and vendor relationships
- Ability to effectively work independently or as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong comprehension skills for understanding needs and developing and applying solutions
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems either on-site or remotely
- Ability to work productively across diverse Customer sites, with different levels of technical focus
- Ability to manage large or multiple projects.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Works effectively in a multi-taking environment.
- Dexterity to operate office equipment as required by the position.
- Able to perform physical requirements of position (including, but not limited to, job walks).
Prior knowledge of NASA site, experienced with working on government installations preferred.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world’s toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia. Find us online at pae.com.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.