Pacific Seafood Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Counter Clerk (Part-time)
at Pacific Seafood Group
To provide prompt, excellent customer service to patrons of Galveston Shrimp Company. Responsibilities include seafood counter sales, stocking and other duties as assigned. Responsible for product knowledge, quality control, and building relationships with store customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to:
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times.
- Stock and merchandise all seafood products in the display case.
- Rotate product as needed.
- Provide knowledge of products along with cooking and serving suggestions to patrons.
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of food safety at all times.
- Assist customers with inquiries and complaints.
- Operate scales and cash register.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times.
- Assist kitchen and wait staff when necessary.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Minimum one year of prior experience in food counter sales, merchandising of food products, or other related experience.
- Prior seafood experience.
- Food handler’s card.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Strong customer service skills.
- Effective communication skills.
At Pacific Seafood, your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options with generous annual company profit sharing match.
- Employee Assistance Program- Confidential professional counseling, financial, and legal assistance provided at no charge to Team Members and immediate family members
- Product purchase program
Pacific Seafood is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.