Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Sales
at PAC L.P.
PAC is a leading global provider of advanced analytical instruments for laboratories and online process applications in industries such as refinery, petrochemical, biofuels, environmental, food & beverage, marine, offshore, subsea, and pharmaceutical. To provide its customers with cutting edge technology, PAC leverages significant R&D resources to support its core technologies, including chromatography, elemental analysis, physical properties, ultrasonic, fluorescence, spectroscopy, and microscopy/video imaging. PAC operates as a unit of Roper Industries, Inc. a diversified growth company and a constituent of the S&P 500, Fortune 1000, and the Russell 1000 indices.
The Director of Sales drives growth in the North America Physical Properties and Elemental Analysis market segments through direct and indirect management of sales, sales operations, field service and aftermarket. Works with functional leaders to accomplish stated goals. Cooperates with other Market Segment leaders to achieve overall company goals.
• Meet/Exceed sales and growth targets for market segment
• Direct Regional Sales Management to increase revenue and margin level for each representative and distributor
• Set up channel goals and provide on-going channel performance feedback. Conduct channel selection, termination and consolidation
• Implement project and opportunity forecasting, owns territory sales funnel
• Develop and execute growth strategy plans to increase market penetration
• Anticipate and analyze customer (current and future trends) needs, industry market segment trends and competitive threats. Take action to address opportunities and / or mitigate threats. Conduct territory data analysis
• Responsible for customer management, technical, financial and terms and conditions problem resolving; administrative responsibilities include reporting, expenses, receivables, etc.
• Coordinate and manage customer interface process including project bids, quotes and customer delivery
• Identify new projects and leads pursuit efforts involving sales channel, end user, EPCs and integrators
• Identify key account targets and develop strategic marketing and sales plans for each of them. Provide direct key account management. Train sales channels in company products. Launch new products in the territory
• Provide information and intelligence for new products and solutions
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Interact constructively and well with others across functional lines of responsibility as necessary. Part of global sales management team.
• Minimum 40% face-to-face customer and rep/distributor contact in support of key accounts sales strategy and tactics.
People Development and Leadership
•This Job has ~13 direct reports.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in marketing, engineering or equivalent work experience. Masters degree preferred.
- 5-7 years experience in a similar sales leadership position. Preferably in the process automations/instrumentation/analytics industry (or similar).
- Accomplished negotiator
- 5 years of proven managerial experience
- Experience within a global organization preferred
Knowledge and Skills
•Broad minded strategic thinker with proven integrity
•Proven background in business process improvement
•Previous ability to successfully interact with customers
•Strong leadership qualifications
•Proficiency with computer tools, including ERP applications
•Solid working knowledge of assigned market segment/industry
•Excellent project management, analytical, and organizational skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock when in the operations or laboratory areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but due to open office environment noise level may occasionally be high.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.