Old Dominion Freight Line
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Representative LTL Trucking
at Old Dominion Freight Line
- Requisition ID
- SHO - SOUTH HOUSTON - TX
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Old Dominion Freight Line is currently recruiting a Solutions Specialist or Sales Representative to join our OD Family Culture. Our Sales Representative will be required to obtain a maximum volume of profitable freight in their territory. The Solutions Specialist must provide responsive customer service and coordinate with operations to exceed their expectations. A Solutions Specialist will serve as the customer’s point of contact through in person meetings to help meet their logistical needs. Must have 2+ years in B-B (Business to Business) sales or equivalent. Must be at least 18 years old.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to meet customers in person on a regular basis and cultivates a good relationship with all traffic persons, purchasing agents, production supervisors, sales representatives, executives, distributors, and agents who influence the decision on routing traffic
- Keep the customer informed of new service points and improvements in company service.
- Assist the customer with obtaining a rate agreement and submit the request to our pricing coordinators through the T-1 Pricing information form.
- Regularly check on major accounts to ensure we are meeting our On-Time service promises.
- Complete reports of monthly customer activities to identify their current level of business.
- Provide information on rates and rate changes.
- Submit itineraries on a weekly basis for coverage areas to maximize efficiency when visiting customers.
- Maintain a positive relationship with drivers in his/her area and discuss possible leads.
- Communicate customer’s equipment requirements and hours of service to the service center operations.
- Inform the customer of our Speed Service and Expedited abilities.
- Manage transportation and entertainment expenses in an expense report that is submitted weekly.
- Keep a record of your daily sales calls and enter them in our computer system.
- Handle customer complaints through the appropriate channels.
- High School Degree or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- 2+ years (B-B) Business to Business Sales experience or equivalent.
- 2+ years’ experience in the LTL industry
- FOR APPLICANTS WHO WILL BE REQUIRED TO OPERATE LICENSED COMPANY EQUIPMENT: No more than (4) moving motor vehicle violations or chargeable accidents, or combination thereof, within (3) years preceding the date of application with no more than (2) moving motor violations in the (12) months preceding the date of application.
- Applicant will not be considered for employment if applicant has been convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol (DWI, DUI, DWAI) within (4) years preceding the date of application.
- 75-90% Travel time during the day to visit existing and potential customers. Also to travel to attend conferences and training events.
Join the OD Family Today!
As a Full Time member of our Family, you are eligible to receive:
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 401(k) retirement Plan
- Wellness Program
- Employee credit Union, Vacation & Holiday
- “Birthday Holiday” who doesn’t love some extra attention on their Birthday?
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, and/or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, Vietnam Era and/or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law(s).