Occidental Petroleum Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, IT Audit
at Occidental Petroleum Corporation
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Manager, IT Audit within our Corporate Internal Audit department based in Houston, TX. Company headquarters are currently located in Greenway Plaza with a projected move to the Energy Corridor in late 2020.
Job Duties May Include:
- Simultaneously manage multiple IT internal audit projects and Sarbanes Oxley (SOx) efforts at various stages of completion while maintaining priorities and schedules to achieve internal audit department objectives as well as Audit Committee reporting requirements;
- Manage in all phases of audits in accordance with internal audit methodology for IT assurance and advisory projects from planning, scoping, scheduling, and business unit coordination to risk assessment, testing and reporting;
- Lead IT internal audit project teams of 1 to 3 contractors. Review and evaluate work product to ensure quality, completeness, appropriateness of conclusions and timely deliverables. Provide timely feedback;
- Work on integrated audits with business process internal audit team;
- Correlate IT risks with potential business impact and analyze these IT risks to determine opportunities to strengthen internal controls and enhance business processes;
- Use data analytics during audit planning, execution, and reporting;
- Review IT general, reports, and application controls SOx compliance testing;
- Design controls and testing efforts for SAP IT general controls and IT application controls;
- Interface with all levels of management, including key executives, and articulate observations, risks and remediation plans in a manner suitable to the audience;
- Prepare audit reports to convey complex IT internal control issues in a clear, concise and factual manner while considering practical solutions to improve IT security and operational processes and achieve company objectives;
- Other IT and business process projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience with various types of hardware configurations, operating systems and application software including SAP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with experience in collaborating with individuals across all levels of the organization.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, people management and presentation skills.
- 10% international and domestic travel.
- Oil and gas and chemicals experience.
- Minimum 6 years IT audit experience; audit experience in “big four” public accounting firms.
- Professional certification CISA, CPA, CIA, CFE or equivalent license.
- Experience in auditing industrial control systems and/or cyber security.
- Experience with SAP GRC Access Control and/or Process Control.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status.