Occidental Petroleum Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HES Training Team Lead
at Occidental Petroleum Corporation
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of HES Training Team Lead within our Domestic HES Support Team based in Houston, TX or Midland, TX.
Working within the HES Organization with the Technical Training organization this role provides leadership and direction in the execution and delivery of HES training solutions, competency development and support with accountability to the HES Function. Oversight of all the daily HES Training Team, including the supervision of 3rd Party Training Contractors. The HES Training Team Lead is also responsible to work with all Business Unit (BU) HES Managers for the management, coordination and monitoring of HES training solutions and the identification, standardization and implementation of globally consistent training needs. In addition, this role will support BU / Country specific training requirements as required. The role is critical to the HES Training standardization effort and regulatory compliance and must therefore maintain strong business relationships with BU HES Leadership and Function HES Leadership.
- Collaborate with business units regarding HES training, development and knowledge management needs and highlight these requirements to the BU Leadership and Technical Training Manager.
- Incorporate technical learning and development and industry best practices into HES Training Solutions.
- Stay abreast of all internal and external regulatory HES certification and training requirements.
- Assist in the management of third party training vendors and support relationships, including HES Training contract negotiations.
- Oversee the scheduling and delivery of HES training courses.
Facilitate and direct the HES Field Coach in assessment and mentoring needs.
- Ensure management and support of Training Vendors while on site at the training center.
- Chair the HES Training Community of Practice (CoP), gather best practices, identify training needs and support requirements.
- Prioritize and allocate HES Training Resources against identified needs.
- Review training reports and provide status to the BU HES Managers, Function Leadership and Technical Training Manager.
- Participate in HES peer reviews and quality assurance of Global HES Training Programs associated with BU needs.
- Manage and oversee the HES Training Consultant and HES Field Coach in their day-to-day duties.
- 2 years' experience in management / leadership roles.
- 8 years' of relevant experience in the HES function, Training function, and/or Oil & Gas industry
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; in the field of Training or HES.
- Internal consulting and coaching experience helpful; strong influencing skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to work as part of a team in a bottom-line driven, fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects with ever-changing priorities and deadlines.
- Fundamental understanding of adult learning theory and instructional design.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite of software.
- Oil and gas industry HES experience strongly preferred; training experience is highly desirable.
- HES-related degree preferred
- HES or Training certifications preferred
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status