Occidental Petroleum Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Occidental Petroleum Corporation
OccidentalPetroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas explorationand production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North Americanchemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies,based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees andcontractors.
Ourgreatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We arelooking for an experienced and highly motivated individual to fill the positionof HR Advisor.
This position will work under the direction of the Human ResourcesManager in support of the Permian Enhanced Oil Recovery business unit and theCorporate Occidental Oil & Gas Group. In this role, the HR Advisorwill partner with clients at all levels of the organization to provide supportand consultation in the key disciplines of Human Resources, i.e. recruitment,compensation, employee development and engagement, employee relations,performance management, and workforce planning.
The position will also initiate and lead HR related projects fordeployment within the business unit. This role provides excellentinternal customer service and supports initiatives and programs that will drivethe strategic direction of the company.
- Partners with leaders in establishing high standards and levels of accountability for themselves and their employees
- Drive the performance management process
- Conducts new manager training quarterly for new leaders regarding core human resources and manager responsibilities.
- Champions and drives human resources initiatives
- Facilitatescareer discussions to gain a view on the employee's experiences, aspirationsand potential and maintains this information in a database
- Demonstrate organizational effectiveness and proactively identifypotential issues and make recommendations for process improvements
- Promote the role of Human Resources and enhance the credibility of the function, establishes reputation of credibility, knowledge, integrity and superior customer service; works collaboratively with our Human Resources team members to proactively share best practices and processes
- Prepare competitive employment offers, domestic and international internal transfers, while maintaining internal equity
- Responsible for conducting employee relations investigations and addressing issues/concerns
- Consults on Total Rewards; compensation, benefits, policies and other Company programs
- Provide managers strategic data, analysis, and reports as requested
- Works with centralized HR Shared Services team to ensure all employee transactions are managed effectively
- Participates in projects and special initiatives within and outside the HR function as assigned
- Mentors other HR Advisors and HR Associates
- Use influence, and apply business acumen, to partner and build relationships with management to drive successful business outcomes
- Travel to west Texas/Permian Basin a few days a month, or more frequent if necessary
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status