Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1809392
CNC Machinist – NOV – Conroe, TX
About National Oilwell Varco
NOV is the world's largest independent supplier of drilling, production, and completion solutions for the oil and gas industry. NOV provides technology-based solutions to all drilling markets with an extensive global network of supply, service, and technology centers.
What NOV offers our employees:
- Competitive compensation plans
- Great dental, vision, and health plans effective day one
- Generous vacation, holiday, and sick benefits
- A 401(K) plan with an impressive employer match
About Our Facility
The Conroe facility is part of NOV's Wellbore Technologies segment, supplying various engineered drilling products to the industry. Our Conroe facility produces downhole and fishing tool products for drilling activities in North America. Our plant has a high demand and is operating around the clock, in order to produce quality products, as we strive to exceed our customer's expectations. We offer a clean, organized, climate-controlled facility, with state-of-the-art CNC Machines.
As a CNC Machinist, you will set up and operate a machine center to produce a variety of parts utilizing machine processes, the application of mechanics, safety procedures, shop mathematics, metal properties, blueprint reading, proper cutting and measuring instruments and relative company standards for either production or rework demands.
As a CNC Machinist, your objectives are to process a certain number of parts per month, with top priority to safety and quality. Your Lead and Supervisor will monitor your progress and provide training and guidance to help you achieve your objectives.
12-hour shifts on nights, 6pm – 6am Monday through Friday, with a competitive shift differential.
Qualities That Will Make For A Strong Candidate
3 year experience operating, setting up, and programming CNC Machines. Understanding standard G and M code programming as well as the capacity to be trained on the latest NOV programming techniques. Strong ability to perform basic shop and measurement mathematics. Being a highly-motivated CNC Machinist that is self -driven and is able to learn, adapt, and improve.
Specific Skills Required
- Ability to read, write and edit basic CNC programs (M/G-codes)
- Advanced knowledge of Fanuc, Mazak, or Siemens Controls
- Knowledge of basic tooling and the ability to set up and operate CNC machine tools
- Ability to read, understand and inspect features of blueprints
- Experience working with stainless steels, monels, bronzes, and 4000 series steels
- Advanced knowledge of how to setup and use measuring tools
- Ability to make offsets
- Ability to produce with tolerances including ±.001 or GREATER
- Advanced threads – Taper, Buttress, API, Acme, Stub Acme