Northstar Memorial Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Strategy Intern
at Northstar Memorial Group
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Location Name
- NSMG Home Office, TX
- Location Address
At NorthStar Memorial Group, we choose collaboration over bureaucracy. Here, everyone has a chance to lead. We encourage & empower our people at every level to speak up, be heard, and watch their ideas become realities.
Trust Asset Management (“TAM”) is an SEC registered investment advisor based in Houston, Texas. TAM, a wholly owned subsidiary of NSMG, provides investment solutions tailored to the investment needs of our institutional clients. Started in 2009, TAM has grown to over $956 million in assets under management.
Sound too good to be true? Check us out on Glassdoor to see why our employees have voted NSMG one of the best companies to work for 6 years in a row! Click here to view us on Glassdoor
We are seeing a Business Strategy Intern for our Home Office in the Galleria area of Houston, TX, to support the TAM team. The Business Strategy Intern will be a key member of the Finance Group and will support ongoing strategic initiatives with the team. This high-exposure position is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to gain experience in finance, investments and analytics. This is a paid internship. The candidate is expected to commit approximately 20 hours / week during the Spring 2019 semester. If successful, we will potentially consider the candidate for a permanent position on the Finance Team upon graduation.
What you will learn:
- How to develop and maintain cross-business performance analyses using data analysis
- How to analyze financial models, review financial proposals, conduct financial market research and perform due diligence on investments
- How to build financial reports and financial forecast models in Excel and Adaptive Insight
- How to prioritize and cope with competing demands and tight deadlines
- How to work directly with senior management
Requirements and Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in a Finance, Economics, or related bachelors degree program
- Ability to solve complex problems using creative solutions
- Eager to learn
- Ability to generate creative ideas and solutions
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Ability to commit to 20 hours / week during the 2019 Spring Semester