Nobel Learning Communities, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
School Bus Driver
at Nobel Learning Communities, inc.
Trophy Club, Texas
We are looking to hire someone to work the hours needed during bus run times. We transport school age children to and from school as well as field trips (primarily in the summer). Example shift times: 6:45 am -7:30 am and 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm.
CDL not required
The School Bus Driver transports children, and SEG staff by driving a school bus or passenger van to and from the school, and to and from special outings/field trips while adhering to driving regulations and providing a safe vehicle.
- Provides a safe vehicle by observing visual defects; checking operating systems including brakes, horn, windshield wipers, lights, extended stop arms, emergency flasher, and door-opening devices using a monthly bus safety checklist.
- Cell phone use, while driving, is prohibited at all times. Cell phones may be used to call school/Principal in emergency situations only.
- Maintains communications with school/Principal by verifying battery strength of cellular telephone; checking-in with school/Principal.
- Transports children to school by picking-up children at assigned stops; instructing children when it is safe to board the vehicle; observing children hurrying to the pick-up site so no one is left behind.
- Maintains safe conditions while traveling by enforcing safety and discipline rules; reporting unruly children to school administration; completing incident reports.
- Teaches children safety procedures by reminding them to cross the road in front of the vehicle; conducting practice evacuation routes.
- Uses and maintains a daily student attendance bus log, including the Face to Name procedure.
- Conducts end-of-day safety and security check by inspecting and locking the vehicle.
- Implements emergency plan in the event of an accident by notifying police and/or ambulance service; administering first-aid until help arrives; initiating evacuation plan; comforting children; filing accident report.
- Provides transportation to and from special events and outings by driving students, SEG staff, and parents.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading transportation safety journals.
- If CDL required for vehicle driver, driver is subject to SEG and state/federal policies, procedures and requirements (including drug testing).
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Driving record acceptable to SEG.
- High School diplomas or equivalent (GED) required.
- Minimum one (1) year experience.
- Must be 23 years of age or older.
- The ability to work independently is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy, confidentiality and trust.
- Communicates frequently and respectfully with children directly, in child-friendly tones and on their level.
- The ability to read and translate maps into written directions, and vice versa.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills. Creates a responsive and productive working relationship with children, parents, teachers, and other staff by communicating clearly and concisely.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.*