N.F. Smith & Associates, LP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at N.F. Smith & Associates, LP
Smith is an entrepreneurial company with global reach, a casual environment, and limitless paths for success. For over 35 years, we’ve offered a place for driven, creative people to set and achieve ambitious goals in sales, procurement, and our supporting departments.
Opportunities await around the world. If you’re curious to see how you can help Smith grow while pursuing the next step in your own growth and development, apply today.
- Draft, review and negotiate, as necessary, commercial agreements, including purchasing and sales agreements, terms and conditions, and nondisclosure agreements
- Perform legal analysis and research and recommend appropriate strategies to senior legal and business personnel
- Identify proactive solutions to eliminate or mitigate risks
- Work closely with business partners in Sales, Marketing, IT, Operations, HR and other affiliates to successfully close transactions in a manner consistent with Smith's policies and best interests.
- Direct and review the work (including immigration filings) of paralegals and other support staff
- Coordinate legal matters handled by outside counsel
- Provide other legal services and advice to Smith as needed
QUALIFICATIONS / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Law degree or above
- 2-4 years of experience in a major law firm, or equivalent in-house experience in drafting, analyzing, and negotiating contracts
- Immigration law experience preferred
- Excellent verbal, written communication and comprehension skills
- Results-oriented with strong project management and execution skills
- Ability to interact with multiple levels in an organization and in multiple jurisdictions
- Ability to work effectively with global legal and compliance teams, with an international mind-set
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
Smith is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Founded in 1984, Smith sources, manages, and distributes the electronic components that go into everything from mobile phones and computers to appliances and directional drilling systems. Smith is the leading independent distributor of electronic components and ranks number nine among all global distributors.
In 16 cities around the world, from Silicon Valley to Seoul, our legion of employees communicates in 50 different languages and dialects and buys and sells components 24 hours per day, with global annual sales of $1.66 billion. We’re always moving: helping manufacturers navigate market shifts, customizing supply chain solutions, testing components using cutting-edge technology, and more.
Apply to explore how you can build your career with Smith!