National Oilwell Varco
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at National Oilwell Varco
NOV CTES is an award-winning international engineering company that provides leading-edge modeling software (Cerberus) and hardware products to the wireline, pumping services, drilling, and coiled tubing industries. CTES services the global market with a staff of more than 35 employees headquartered in Conroe, Texas and with regional offices in the U.K. and the Middle East. As a result of continued success in the marketplace, CTES is seeking a Sales Engineer our Middle East office.
The sales engineer works with customers throughout the sales process from the initial step of determining their needs to the follow-up after product installation. The sales engineer also develops and educates new customers about CTES products.
- Identify sales opportunities and accounts and successfully close these sales.
Determine customer needs.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing teams to develop customized products that meet client specifications.
- Provide quarterly sales forecast.
- Prepare quotes and close the sales.
- Track orders throughout the product manufacturing and installation process.
- Perform product installation and field service at remote customer locations as required.
- Follow up with customers after equipment installation.
- Determine customer training needs.
- Present technical information and/or product training courses to diverse audiences.
- Represent CTES at industry trade shows.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated achievements in outside sales or leadership within a specific E&P technical discipline related to well intervention.
- Ability to present and explain technical information to diverse audiences.5 years selling software in petroleum industry.
- Self-starter with multi-tasking abilities, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Skilled with QuickBooks, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel to remote customer locations on short notice.
- College degree preferred or 5 years of technical sales experience.
- Must speak English fluently.
- Ability to understand technical requirement from customer.
- Ability to present and explain technical information to diverse audiences.
- Ability to author or co-author technical papers.
- Ability to train customer on software and hardware products.
- Adhere to all NOV HSE policies, utilize appropriate PPE and actively participate in monthly safety meetings.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Adept at exercising good judgment (sometimes with incomplete information) while being constrained by tight deadlines.
Decision Making & Timely Decision Making:
- Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks.
- Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks.
- Be quick to identify critical information and respond appropriately.
- Be a process thinker able to create and manage effective systems.
- Will be energized by challenges and drawn towards opportunities.
- Aspiring and keen to advance within the organization.
- Is cognizant of organizational culture and politics, and appropriately adjusts personal style to be effective.
Personal and Interpersonal:
Imbued with a strong sense of customer focus (internal/external).
- A candid team player who collaborates with peers to solve problems.
- Committed to self-improvement and development through the role in order to achieve career goals.
- Firm and diplomatic when negotiating.