National Oilwell Varco
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Procurement Manager
at National Oilwell Varco
This position will manage a team of buyers supporting 3 locations within the Gulf Coast region (Tomball, TX, Houston, TX, and Houma, LA). This position will report to the Director of Sourcing and Procurement. The position will be primarily located at our West Little York Houston Facility, 16 miles (NW) from Downtown Houston, TX. However, 30% (driving-distance) travel to supported Gulf Coast manufacturing sites, as well as to NOV's Richmond Tower Headquarters in Houston, is required as a part of this position.
This position will lead, plan, and manage the purchase of raw materials and manufactured outsourced components as necessary, in amounts and timing to assure that price, quality, quantity, delivery schedules, and inventory levels contribute effectively to company profit, cash management, and growth objectives.
· Develop sourcing strategies; identify and recommend potential suppliers; negotiate terms and conditions for purchases; deliver company objectives.
· Coordinate and oversee/supervise day-to-day purchasing activity for the Purchasing Department, encompassing and troubleshooting issues, be they supply, supplier, plant, or personnel related.
· Oversee activities of Purchasing function/groups at plant locations ensuring most competitive pricing and most suitable suppliers are contracted while ensuring adherence to all company purchasing procedures.
· Negotiate purchase contracts as necessary to ensure continuity of supply at the most competitive prices.
· Manage, revise, and implement purchasing processes and projects to increase company efficiency and minimize costs by actively (1) challenging vendor pricing, (2) initiating cost savings projects, (3) assessing vendor capabilities, and (4) developing alternate sources of supply.
· Develop and maintain budgetary control through (1) short-term and long-term cost forecasting, (2) variance analyses, and (3) development of corrective actions to meet financial forecasts.
· Maintain purchasing documentation and all internal systems and departmental records, including records of both current and historical purchases.
· Develop new and maintain good business relationships with suppliers – evaluate supplier performance on an on-going basis, implementing corrective actions, as necessary, to ensure quality, cost, and delivery objectives are achieved.
· Work with QA team to develop and introduce a Vendor Scoring Card system to effectively manage supplier relationships.
· Ensure effective, accurate, and proper channels of communications.
· Manage and mentor direct reports, including Personal Development Plans and implementation of Departmental Measurement Metrics, to improve departmental performance.
· Maintain the highest ethical standards and assure the fair and equitable treatment of all suppliers to (1) support the NOV and Downhole Values & Vision and (2) provide the foundation for a competitive advantage.
· All other duties as assigned.
JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· 10 years of overall demonstrated, successful, professional experience in Supply Chain management, specializing in the Sourcing and/or Procurement functions for job-shop related products.
· Prior experience as a manager, leading a team of direct reports is required
· In-depth knowledge of machining processes, metals, and welding gained via experience working in a machine shop or fabrication business (minimum of 5 years).
· JDE knowledge and experience preferred, but ERP experience a necessity.
· Demonstrated ability using team-driven philosophies to drive issues to closure and get job done in professional and compliant manner.
· Strong project management and leadership skills.
· Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement.
· Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management and relevant software.
· Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data.
· Ability to compile, analyze, and present data in a concise manner.
· Ability to access and understand individual supplier's capabilities.
· Experience with Microsoft Office, especially proficient in the use of Excel.
· Some travel required to support supplier/vendor relationships and performance.