National Oilwell Varco
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at National Oilwell Varco
NOV Rig Technologies segment is looking for a highly skilled Quality Manager for their Creekmont location in Houston, Texas. We are Looking candidates with positive attitude and extreme knowledge of the Quality Management System. We also are in need of someone with API and IOS knowledge.
Provide leadership and direction to Quality Assurance Personnel. Provide quality technical information in support of Manufacturing, Sales, Leasing and Operations.
- Manager and coordinate the activities of staff including training, employee development, performance evaluation, hiring decisions, and the establishment of goals and performance objectives for assigned department.
- Provide continual evaluation of department process, methods, and activities to assure the most effective use of resources and equipment.
- Manage budget and expenditures.
- Responsible for all quality related processes at a facility or regional level.
- Provide support to manufacturing, engineering, sales and marketing.
- Effectively utilize the authority to acquire corrective action through management.
- Monitor, review and approve quality audits.
- Acquire working relationships with technical staffs or operators, contractors. agents and leasing personnel.
- Attend industry seminars and trade shows, as available and as specified.
- Develop and maintain QMS procedures and work instructions. Responsible for effective training of all procedures and instructions by conducting regular in-process audits.
- Responsible for entering quality clauses in Oracle for all buyout items.
- Responsible for addressing any field concerns/CAR's in the timeframe assigned by the ticked.
- Responsible for addressing any traceability questions from customers and documentation.
- Responsible for monthly analysis of COQ data and identifying trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for overseeing the NCR process.
- Responsible for developing QITP's based on customer requirements.
- Monitor the receiving inspection and MRB aging. Responsible for providing explanations for any outliers.
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor's in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering or 5 years of relevant quality experience in a leadership role.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Knowledge of API and ISO preferred.