Nabors Industries Ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Nabors Industries Ltd.
- Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and measuring tape
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using SMA, GTA, or FCA welding processes
- Cuts workpiece, using oxy-acetylene torches
- Able to Air Carbon Arc Gouge
- Removes rough spots from workpiece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper
- Welds components in flat, vertical, horizontal, or overhead positions
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations
- Develops templates and other work aids to hold and align parts
- Determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques
- Ten or more years of welding experience on drilling rigs and associated equipment
- Certifications for welding structural steel such as Grade 50, and 4130.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A total commitment to working safely and participating in all HSE programs.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years welding experience on drilling rigs and associated equipment.
8 OR 12
FLOOR TO WAIST
8 OR 12
8 OR 12
- Emergency Fire Response: The Welder may be the first person on the scene of a fire. If this occurs, he/she may have to handle a fire extinguisher for a short period of time. The fire extinguisher (up to 36” x 6”), weighing 50 lbs., will be lifted for the duration of the emergency or the time it takes to expend the extinguisher which generally is 5 to 10 minutes or until the fire response team arrives.
- Grip Strength: The Welder must have good grip strength to allow him/her to operate essential tools such as grinder, hand file, scraper, etc., as well as to lift objects required in the job.
- Manual Dexterity: The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate or assemble objects.
- Visual Abilities: Must be able to identify hand signals at a distance of 100 feet. When working in different areas the Welder must be able to read 1 ½” numbers from approximately 15 feet. The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Multi-limb Coordination: The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
- Work at Height: Ability to work at heights following safe work practices.
- Written Communication: Must be able to read and comprehend company reports, safety regulations, work orders and supply lists. Also must be able to read the training manuals.
- Cognitive Component/Handling Stress: The Welder must have good short and long term memory and the mental stamina to stay alert and attentive for up to 12 hours a day so as to make safe decisions and use proper judgment. The job requires quick and smooth motions involving very heavy equipment and forces. The Welder must pay close attention to what he/she and the others are doing so as to ensure a safe operation. The Welder must be able to cope with the mental stress placed on him/her to meet the constant demands of the job. The employee must be able to quickly understand directions and carry out these instruction in a quick yet safe and efficient manner. All employees must report any unsafe or potentially unsafe situations to their supervisor immediately.
- Information Ordering: The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).