Nabors Industries Ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Team Lead - IT Infrastructure
at Nabors Industries Ltd.
Job Reference #: 19000066
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
The Team Lead develops, implements, and supports application, hardware, and OS Imaging to meet business and technical needs within a specified system or solution. This position is also expected to provide guidance to Systems Analyst when necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead on projects involving complex interfaces and interdependencies between systems and also integrating multiple solutions
- Identify potential problems and recommend solutions to the most complex data design scenarios
- Diagnose and solve common system problems while working under pressure to meet aggressive deadlines in an environment with limited resources
- Responsible for managing the imaging team
- Create and maintain Windows Images using tools such as SCCM OSD, ImageX, Ghost, etc.
- Maintain and expand our current SCCM environment including SCCM servers and clients up to date
- Create and maintain task sequences, software packages, and images.
- Interface with multiple IT teams to clarify requirements
- Assist on projects involving complex interfaces and interdependencies between systems and also integrating multiple solutions
- Review, suggest, and implement new systems design changes
- Prepare documentation of all procedures for image creation and support documents
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- At least five years of hands-on technical experience with the following systems:
- Packaging MSI / AppV applications
- Strong Batch, PowerShell or scripting skills
- Vsphere / Hyperv experience
- SCCM design, configuration, support, and hierarchy, including setup and troubleshooting.
- Strong knowledge of SCCM Administration, Task sequences, OSD, ImageX, and Ghost.
- Manage the SCCM upgrades, deployments, patching, maintaining a focus on deployment times, deployment strategies, and automating everything in between
- SCCM deployments and patching for desktops and servers
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10
- Possesses strong knowledge in one or two programming languages, tools and/or technology environments, with the ability to learn and apply knowledge quickly
- Operational experience of application packaging and deployment
- Experience in large scale enterprise software deployments
- More than five years of hands-on technical experience in a current application platform.
- More than three year of functional experience.
- Has a strong working understanding of installed systems, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve many problems on the existing system(s) supported and is aware of integration points with other systems and how that interacts with their work
- Strong leadership skills
- Must have a high tolerance for a fast-paced environment
- Significant experience in a multi-entity, multi-national environment
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Motivated, energetic, self-starter
- Intelligent, sound judgment, common sense
- Ability to work well with people
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- The primary location for this position is an office environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and use hands. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.