Nabors Industries Ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Line Manager- Rotary Steerable Systems
at Nabors Industries Ltd.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
• About Nabors
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advance drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
• Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Product Line Manager- Rotary Steerable Systems.
Reporting directly to the SVP of Operation- NDS, the Product Line Manager- Rotary Steerable Systems will be the SME overseeing the RSS product life cycle. This will include development, manufacturing, deployment, commercialization, market penetration and operations oversight. The PLM-RSS will determine requirements for engineering solutions and develop criteria for commercialization. This includes the planning, allocation, coordination, and control of the company's resources in such a manner as to cause and maintain a high standard of performance, ensure customer satisfaction, and expand the market base.
• Active participation and visible leadership in the Nabors Safety Program, and work to improve overall safety culture within the product line.
• Assist with management of the RSS repair and manufacturing facilities in the US and abroad.
• Help develop automated workflows, identify potential technology and engineering advancements
• Develop, implement, and execute multi-year business and profitable growth strategies for Rotary Steerable Solutions to deliver increased market share by simulating financial performance; implementing plans for growth; enhancing the Nabors brand, and leveraging relationships with key customers. This will include developing a global marketing plan that identifies the products needed per region along with cost and revenue targets.
• Analyze and mitigate risk to the product line (competition, labor shortages, etc.) by proactively monitoring internal and external risk to the company; develop an action plan; utilize the team to execute the plan.
• Manage overall financial performance of the product line by analyzing and reconciling financial reports; creating and administering capital and expense budgets; advising others on cost control methods; and resolving budgetary issues.
• Provide overall direction for the product line by analyzing business objectives and customer needs. Responsible for developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices. Analyze costs and forecasts and incorporate them into business plans. Determine and support resource requirements; evaluate operational processes; measure outcomes to ensure desired results; identify and capitalize on improvement opportunities; promote a customer-focused environment; demonstrate adaptability and sponsor continuous learning.
• Work closely with the wellbore placement management team to develop strategy, price setting, and to represent our company when interacting with customers. This will include developing proper solutions for our customers' needs and increasing Nabors net profitability.
• Work with engineering group to help improve overall design, safety, and implementation of changes.
• Work closely with Human Resources to attract and maintain a highly skilled workforce by recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
• Support the commercialization process for the product line. This includes documentation, product manuals, training processes, and manufacturing processes.
• Support the team's work with the Sales and Marketing Department writing bids, creating presentations and various supporting documentation. The position will assist the Sales and Marketing Department to create future sales leads and opportunities.
• Conduct RCRA meetings and investigations to help improve product design, processes, and overall safety within the organization.
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline (mechanical or electronic engineering preferred)
• 10 years of wellbore placement experience with a minimum of 5 years in rotary steerable systems. Experience is ideally a combination of field, engineering, development, manufacturing and strategic development for directional drilling and rotary steerable systems.
• Master's degree in Engineering, Technical, Business or related degree
• Previous experience as a Product Line Manager or Operations Manager for Rotary Steerable Systems
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Must be able to travel to the potential customer sites as needed
• Must have superior time management and organization skills
• Must be detail focused, self-motivated and team oriented
• Operational and strategic thinker, who can execute plans effectively
• Dedication to honest and ethical business practices
• Excellent listening, writing, and communication skills
• Persuasive, receptive, and responsive communication style
• Confident diffusing difficult situations with a high level of sensitivity and confidentiality
• Ability to collaborate with board members, other executives and outside entities
• Demonstrates passion for the mission and values of the organization