Nabors Industries Ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hyperion Accounting Manager
at Nabors Industries Ltd.
Job Reference #: 19000077
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
This role will manage all business administrative tasks related to our Hyperion suite of applications. These tasks primarily consist of metadata maintenance, testing, and supporting users.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for monitoring, maintaining and testing the Planning and Essbase (ASO) application
- Responsible for all Hyperion metadata maintenance and governance to ensure critical metadata are set up accurately and timely in EPMA
- Test and review all issue resolutions prior to handover to users
- Work closely with end users on production support, testing, and training
- Coordinate with internal business teams to understand Planning project requirements and then liaise with IT and the business during development, user testing and training
- Review and develop reports using Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio (FR Studio) and SmartView
- Understand the overall implementation and various interdependencies of the Hyperion suite of applications in order to assess the impact of changes and improvement initiatives
- Manage the setup and finalization of the quarterly forecast in Planning
- Monitor and manage system availability during month end close and the forecast cycle
- Develop and maintain documentation related to key systems and processes within the Hyperion suite of applications
- Develop and document controls related to Planning, ASO, and EPMA
- Assist with the review of user security to ensure appropriate and timely assignment of roles
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related degree required.
- Experience with Hyperion Planning, EPMA, and Essbase (ASO)
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Hyperion SmartView
- Experience with a Hyperion implementation and ongoing production support
- 7 or more years of progressive business experience
- Strong understanding of accounting and accounting systems
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Excel
- Experience in a multi-entity, multi-currency environment
- Hyperion FR Studio experience
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience training users in a classroom setting
- Detail oriented, organized, and reliable
- Able to prioritize and efficiently manage multiple assignments at the same time
- High tolerance for a fast-paced environment
- Professional individual with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with individuals from all levels of the organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both a technical and non-technical environment
- Positive attitude and team oriented
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic environment where shifting priorities frequently alter work plans
- experience in Hyperion Planning, EPMA, and ASO applications
- Able to read basic Planning rules and calc scripts
- Experience testing rules, patches, and other functionality in both Planning and ASO applications
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office environment