Nabors Industries Ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Nabors Industries Ltd.
Job Reference #: 19000005
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Nabors has an opening for a Contracts Counsel or Contacts Manager who will report to the Senior Contracts Counsel and be based in Houston, Texas. This employee will draft, review and negotiate customer agreements on behalf of Nabors for the provision of drilling rigs and related goods and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drafting, reviewing and leading negotiations for a variety of commercial contracts with Nabors' customers.
- Advising Nabors' leaders on contractual risks and liabilities.
- Seeking approvals for provisions outside of Nabors' contracting policy.
- Handling multiple tasks and working independently to meet deadlines.
- Additional duties as assigned and participation in special projects as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (for Contracts Manager role).
- Law degree from an accredited law school and license to practice law in the United States (for Contracts Counsel role).
- 1 year experience negotiating customer-facing oil and gas contracts.
- Experience with drilling contracting and particularly negotiating IADC rig contracts.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and manage deadlines.
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to gain the cooperation of a wide variety of functions and personality types.
- Business acumen.
- Highly developed persuasive skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office environment