Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
District Sales Manager
at MiTek Industries
MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal – making our customers successful.
The successful employee will “own” all aspects of their territory. The purpose of this role is to drive growth in the Pacific Northwest territory through demand creation and direct sales through distribution.
Responsible for managing all aspects of Distribution Accounts within the territory while building brand awareness and creating demand at the user, builder, and specifier (A/E/C) level with a primary focus on the Tile, Drywall, and building materials distribution channels.
Additional responsibilities include end user and job site activities to build brand awareness and drive demand with builders and installation (dealer) customers. Provides sales support to Regional Sales Managers and direction to Inside Sales regarding target locations and product focus.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- Responsible for all aspects of management, demand creation, and growth within assigned territory
- Revenue and Gross Profitability targets
- Develop and foster relationships with all level of distributor accounts, including location managers, counter sales staff, and outside sales team
- Develop senior level relationships with demand targets such as dealers, installers, and builders
- Assists Regional Manager with development of territorial growth plan
- Implements territory plan to facilitate growth. Communicates to both independent sales representatives and inside team
- Consistent with territory plan, provide clear ongoing direction to and manage performance of independent sales representative(s) in assigned territory
- Together with regional and corporate sales leadership, assess performance of independent sales representatives and recommend changes when necessary
- Consistent with territory plan, provide ongoing clear direction to inside sales team
- Activities include, but not limited to, service calls to distributor locations, product knowledge demonstrations, installation demonstrations, specification meetings with architects and owners, meetings with code officials to gain acceptance with the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) with municipalities within the territory
- Maintains market intelligence regarding competitors, customers, and industry trends
- Completes weekly sales call and market reports and sends to territory sales team with situations needing immediate attention
- Provide weekly sales pipeline details
- Facilitate resolution of any service issues or claims that arise in the territory. Performs all duties in accordance with safety rules and corporate policy and regulations
- Drives provided company vehicle in a safe, professional manner and adhere to company driving policy
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High school diploma or equivalent with relevant experience. 4 year degree from accredited university preferred.
Experience: 4 years’ experience in comparable role with high school diploma or equivalent. 2 years’ experience in comparable or supporting role with 4 year college degree. Experience in the Pro Tile channel is a plus.
Ability: Comfort and effectiveness making sales presentations through use of printed materials, hands on products, and/or PowerPoint (or equivalent)
MiTek is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, our organizations do not allow discrimination in their hiring/employment decisions based on race, creed, color, veteran status, sex, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an E-Verify Employer, Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace