Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2nd Shift Production Supervisor
at MiTek Industries
Manage and lead a production area in order to meet production schedules, quality, and cost objectives through team leader staff and associates. Provide direction and leadership to the facility operations. May also involve developing manpower requirements, identifying potential problems in sufficient time for corrective action, and supervising the performance of program functional task elements such as quality assurance, safety, and training.
- Lead and direct safety program in accordance with company requirements.
- Maintain production objectives to meet or exceed customer demand and shipping goals while balancing production costs.
- Maintain or improve quality programs to assure conforming product.
- Coordinate and oversee training for manufacturing operations.
- Direct, assist, and evaluate associates.
- Ability to interact professionally with others including co-workers, vendors and customers.
- Monitor all inventory required for production and report discrepancies or requirements as needed.
- Attendance at work during the regularly scheduled shift is an essential duty. This includes, but is not limited to the ability to be present at work, arrive on time and be at the work station read for work at the start of the shift.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or GED; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Related experience is direct, hands-on in manufacturing operations with prior leadership skills in a team-based manufacturing environment.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but un-involved written or oral instructions. Comprehend job training and safety instructions.
- Knowledge of Internet software and MS Software (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Previous forklift experience preferred but not required.