Milliman Care Guidelines
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Health & Group Benefits Consultant
at Milliman Care Guidelines
The Health & Group Benefits Consultant is an integral part of the overall client management and client relationship function in the Southern Employee Benefits region. Focus will be on developing and growing the Health & Group Benefits practice by effectively building, growing and maintaining client relationships.
Milliman’s management has a history of rewarding performance and views this position as a vital piece of its ongoing strategy to solidify and grow long-term client relationships. This position offers the opportunity to operate as a business manager along with high visibility and unlimited career potential.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Provide health & group benefits consulting and manage client projects and relationships for select Health & Group Benefits clients.
- Provide senior level consulting support to clients, including plan design, benefit strategy, vendor management and merger/acquisition support.
- Manage the marketing and vendor search process for all lines of coverage to include (but not limited to) medical (TPA, ASO and insured), PBM, dental, life/AD&D, disability, vision and reinsurance coverage.
- Develop and maintain a solid understanding of a wide range of product/service providers in the HGB market and the specific products and services offered.
- Follow established Milliman protocol for tracking activity, project results and compliance with peer review standards.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with appropriate consultants within the Milliman group of practices.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with appropriate carrier/vendor partners.
- Participate in developing and making marketing presentations to new prospects.
- Provide consulting support to our newly developed private exchange consulting and advisor practice.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Five to ten years of Health & Welfare experience in a consulting/brokerage or carrier/service provider environment
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Professional credentials such as CEBS or from the Society of Actuaries are preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated success in managing and providing Health & Welfare consulting services
- Current and relevant knowledge of legislation, market trends and issues affecting the Health & Welfare market
- Thorough understanding of the marketing / vendor search process and the ability to manage the total process
- Thorough understanding of medical, dental, life/AD&D, disability, vision, etc. coverage
- Thorough understanding of the self-insurance and reinsurance coverage concepts
- Understanding of various benefits administration technology alternatives
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to present and manage presentations covering complex topics
- Strong knowledge of HGB legal and regulatory framework, including COBRA regulation and 5500 filings
- Effective time management skills to prioritize and organize multiple complex projects and balance long term goals with short term project requirements
- Strong skills as a problem solver, including taking initiatives to complete necessary research and document the process used to reach conclusions
- Willing to work overtime
- Able to work with time-sensitive material and meet multiple deadlines
- Able to work independently while also contributing to team environment
Must demonstrate Milliman’s core values which include:
- Integrity - Must be honest, fair, active listener, open communicator and accountable
- Teamwork - Work cooperatively and treat clients and coworkers with respect and dignity while valuing individual differences, encouraging new ideas and sharing information
- Commitment to excellence - Demonstrate commitment to being creative, innovative, flexible and adaptable, focusing on quality solutions, continually improving and being a winner.
- High energy with effective poise and presence, self-motivated and relentlessly striving towards goals
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency with strong customer service approach
A competitive base salary, plus a performance-based incentives bonus tied to the overall business performance. The firm offers an outstanding and comprehensive benefits package.
Milliman employs more than 3,500 people working in employee benefits, healthcare, life insurance/financial services, and property and casualty insurance. For more than 70 years, the firm has quietly earned a reputation for exceptional services, innovation and quality. Today Milliman is one of the nation’s most highly regarded providers of retirement plan services to the full spectrum of business, financial, government and union organizations.
Our company, with the full support of our Chief Executive Officer, is fully committed to the maximum utilization of all human resources and the goals of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We recruit, hire, train, and promote, and consider qualified applicants for employment, in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, familial status, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as an individual with a disability, or veteran status, including qualified disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans; and shall not discriminate against any individual, or any other characteristic protected by law. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the HR department.