Midwest Consulting Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior FP&A Analyst
at Midwest Consulting Group
Job Reference #: 12010990
| MCG JOB Requisition|
Title: Senior FP&A Analyst
This position will be responsible for researching, interpreting, and analyzing market and company financial data and trends; developing perspectives on future performance in various scenarios; effectively communicating findings to business unit leaders and corporate functions; supporting the business unit and corporate budget/forecasting function; providing general ad-hoc financial support to business units and corporate functions relating to budgets, plans, forecasts and project related matters.
• Preparation of studies, reports and analyses in areas such as budgets, financial plans, statistical reports, cash flow, projections and business forecasts
• Researches and prepares economic reports on subjects such as rate of return, working capital requirements, investment opportunities and performance and impact of governmental requirements
• Assists in the development of the budget, planning and other corporate financial requirements
• Assists in the preparation of the monthly forecast and annual plan documents
• Maintains records in accordance with Company policies
• Ensures the operation and effectiveness of key process (operational and financial) controls through regular review and periodic self-checks
• Interacts professionally with both internal and external constituents; maintains effective working relationships and works in cooperation with the local accounting personnel for the assigned operations
• Assist in maintenance of the 5-year financial strategic model
• Provide variance analysis for Actuals/Forecast
• Interact with group controllers to understand changes in forecast assumptions
• Adhere to all Company policies and procedures
• Other duties and special projects as assigned
POSITION SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks
• Must have excellent leadership and analytical skills
• Must have excellent PC skills to include all MS Office products (specifically in Excel and Essbase)
• Must be proficient interpreting and analyzing financial and credit report analyses
• Must have financial modelling skills
• Hyperion/Essbase experience preferred
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate in a professional manner with staff, management, customers and vendors
• Must be highly motivated and able to interact with high level executives
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while managing time in a proficient and effective manner