Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Engineering Manager
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Software Engineering
- Employment type
- Role type
- People Manager
Microsoft’s Energy sector is one of the fastest growing industries in our global portfolio and our customers are asking for our help in changing the way that energy is produced. With a greater focus on sustainability, increased precision in exploration and driving the convergence between traditional energy, the industry is experiencing significant disruptions and is reaching out to their trusted partners to frame the future. Microsoft is helping these companies cross this chasm with AI, IOT and massively scalable, elastic computation in the cloud. If you want to help change the world and shape the future of how humans find and consume energy, come talk to us.
We’re looking for a Houston- Based Principal Development Manager who has experience in leading a team of engineers, shipping products, and working on large scale services with at least eight years of relevant software development experience. This is a rare opportunity to influence technology development in an important growth area at Microsoft. You will design, implement, analyze and tune complex systems operating on large datasets in collaboration with top scientists and engineers across both Microsoft’s global R&D team, and experts within our customers’ organizations.
- Lead a team of engineers to deliver energy related products focusing on Data and AI
- Develop novel subsurface and geophysics algorithms to bring some of the most complex workloads to the cloud and to use innovation to accelerate them.
- Manage a team that works directly with customers to build Microsoft solutions, creating new Microsoft engineering products.
- Deliver finished products and provide customer feedback to engineering and product teams.
- 10+ years of Software Development experience
- 5+ years of experience as Engineering Manager
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience in leading a team of engineers both locally and remotely
- Excellent problem solving capabilities with strong fundamentals in computer science
- Strong command over data structures and developing efficient systems
- Strong software design and development skills in one or more high level languages (C#/C/C++/Java/F# etc)
- Identifying and applying machine learning solutions
- This position is based in Houston, Texas
- Bachelors or master’s in computer science.
- Track record of data-based decision making and insight generation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical competence & strong analytical skills
- Understanding of subsurface workloads a plus.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work