Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Success Manager - Business Applications
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Customer Success Technology Solutions
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and services. To this end, Microsoft is investing in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully adopt Microsoft Cloud solution and services.
We are looking for a Customer Success Manager Business Applications to drive successful adoption and expansion of Business Applications workloads within her/his accounts. The CSM role will collaboratively drive change management and adoption activities with key Business Decision Makers, help reduce implementation risk, drive usage of existing workloads, and identify opportunities in her/his accounts. The CSM is also a key part of our customer facing sales teams and will be called on frequently to leverage their deep knowledge of CRM or ERP to support sales growth.
The Customer Success Manager Business Applications role will enable our customers to realize business value from their investment and make our customers passionate advocates of Microsoft. Key responsibilities include:
- Create value for customers by ensuring they clearly define business outcomes and then build a “success plan” with the appropriately identified objectives, stakeholders, milestones, risks and metrics needed to achieve them
- Be accountable to drive high usage of Dynamics within customers by driving the creation and execution of a thorough and action-oriented adoption Plan
- Leverage deep functional expertise to increase the customer’s usage of existing workloads
- Proactively identify new workloads and expansion opportunities in each account to drive value both for the customer and for Microsoft
- Build, maintain and leverage strong relationships with Business Decision Makers (BDMs) and IT Decision Makers (ITDMs) within each customer to influence solution adoption, create strong support for new opportunities and to secure their willingness to advocate on Dynamics’ and Microsoft’s behalf
- Build/maintain rapid channel of communication to customer in case of online service-related issues and events
- Orchestrate and gain strong buy-in with multiple external (e.g. customer’s Partner) and internal Microsoft sales and services teams and be highly connected to Microsoft SMEs throughout the customer’s Dynamics lifecycle
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in functional CRM or ERP consulting with top consulting firms or business applications vendors, and/or in a pre-sales CRM or ERP solution engineering capacity for a top business applications vendor. Experience in both consulting and pre-sales is ideal
- Proven ability to map the customer’s business process to product capability
- Experience in driving CRM or ERP transformation in enterprises through effective change management and adoption highly preferred
- Experience in one of the following industries highly preferred – Financial Services, Public Sector, Retail, Manufacturing & Distribution
- Deep understanding of SaaS customer engagement
- Top-notch executive engagement skills with an ability to establish strong relationships with business decision makers
- Strong interpersonal skills that establish Trusted Advisor relationships with clients
- Strong organizational/time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Cultural awareness and appreciation for diversity
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Master’s degree with information technology/accounting/finance focus preferred
- Willingness to travel – up to 40%
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.