Microchip Technology Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Tech Staff Eng-Power Integrity
at Microchip Technology Inc.
Microchip Technology Inc. has a Sr. Technical Staff Engineer opening based in Houston, Texas to be a key contributor in the architecture and driving the next generation of product including power and thermal direction. In this role, you will be responsible for driving cross functional teams working to an overall solution that meets marketing requirements and market windows.
- Define product power and thermal requirements for silicon, board, and system level products and drive cross functional teams to achieve these requirements.
- Create and maintain best practices for optimizing power.
- Ensure that teams from silicon design to end solutions maintain process and practices related to power.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline, M.S. preferred.
- 15+ years of industry experience in systems and embedded systems power management.
- Knowledge of semiconductor, packaging, PCB, and solution/system thermal modeling and thermal testing.
- Experience and detailed knowledge of IC physical design parameters affecting electrical and thermal performance.
- Experience and detailed knowledge of advanced semiconductor packaging technologies and corresponding electrical and thermal performance.
- Experience and detailed knowledge of system level power management techniques (e.g., workload based power and thermal management).
- Extensive experience in thermal analysis and modeling of System on Chip (SoC) and board level solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and deliver results within and across teams.
- Demonstrated inclusive and collaborative leader.
- Demonstrated ability to listen to ideas of others and synthesize win/win pragmatic solutions.
- Previous Microsemi/Microchip storage-based products and system level application experience preferred.