Microchip Technology Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Engineer, Applications
at Microchip Technology Inc.
Microchip Technology Inc. has an Sr. Engineer - Applications opening based in Houston, Texas. The successful candidate will be working closely with the product development, validation, marketing, and sales teams to provide world-class technical customer support for the Datacenter and Server products. This will include assisting in design wins, supporting customer product ramp & production, documenting complex systems issues, and working with development teams to resolve issues in a timely manner. These activities require the ability to work and gather information across functional groups, external customers, and product programs to determine the optimal solutions for our North American and International customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with 5+ years of directly related experience
- Highly structured programming in C, C++, and TCL/TK or other scripting language
- Experience with Embedded C programming
- Experience with software version control tools e.g. Subversion and Git
- Basic understanding of SAS/SATA, SCSI, PCIe, RAID and other storage related technologies
- Good debugging methodology
- Must demonstrate initiative and be self- motivated
- Independent but also works well within the cross functional teams across multiple geographical locations
- Creative with an attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills with debugging OS and applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with customer facing experience and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and still meet deadlines
- Provide customer and field engineer support as needed
- Travel less than 10 percent
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience using oscilloscopes, protocol & logic analyzers, and other lab equipment
- Experience with server/storage firmware and software
- Experience working with Marketing and Sales teams
- Experience with RISC based embedded processors (MIPS preferred)
- Experience debugging Linux/Windows drivers and applications
- Experience in SW/FW development with light weight embedded kernels (ThreadX, VxWorks, eCos, etc.)
- Strong debugging skills and experience with kernel (Windbg), EJTAG, serial port, Greenhills Debugger
- Understanding of server BIOS functionality and device drivers
- Experience in the Storage Industry