Microchip Technology Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Microchip Technology Inc.
The Microchip office is searching for a Manager-Software Development to be part of the Solutions and Software QA team located in Houston, Texas.
The successful candidate will provide overall technical direction to a growing team of test automation engineers focused on embedded systems firmware and platform integration and will be responsible for the quality of SMART RAID, SMART HBA, switch and expander storage products. Reporting to the Director of Software and Solutions QA, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Gather test requirements from internal product owners and developers.
- Work with engineering (Software, firmware, hardware) team members to create test processes, test specifications, test cases for sanity, integration, regression, alpha, beta and system testing.
- Work with test/Design/Architecture team in understanding the feature implementation.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of storage and networking technical standards, quality assurance tools.
- Interface with customers and help determine test requirements, communicate quality assurance methodologies.
- Participate in product planning and design and provide supportability and testability requirements.
- Scheduling and project management.
- Knowledge of automation framework is essential.
- BSEE / BSCS or equivalent and/or 12+ years of industry experience.
- MSEE / MSCS preferred.
- Strong Management experience preferred.
- Architecting testing for RAID, HBA, Expander and SAS Switch from the functional as well as the system perspective.
- Should be able to integrate multiple features and their interactions result into deterministic and no-deterministic test cases.
- Should be able to create and execute the use cases and should be able to triage first level debugging.
- Knowledge of SAS Protocol, RAID stack and expander FW internal will be very essential to conduct daily tasks.
- 10+ years of QA/Test or development/design experience in storage.
- In-depth knowledge of C++ design and development.
- Must have knowledge and experience in storage technologies in RAID and SAS/SATA/SSD/SCSI/ NVMe preferred.
- Prior experience in Server OS environments on File Systems, Storage drivers, BIOS, Firmware and experience in solution-based deployment.
- Experience with understanding and specifying test requirements.
- Experience in test plans and test coverage.
- Experience in system testing across multiple releases of a product line.
- Solid understanding of quality assurance practices and testing methodologies.
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Be an energetic, creative, positive, and results-oriented individual with emphasis on being a team player.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Knowledge of agile software development methodologies.