Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Micro Center
MICRO CENTER is the nation’s leading computer and electronic device big box retailer! Our technology super store has an industry-leading 40,000 selection of premier computer products and the most knowledgeable staff in the business. Micro Center has been ranked by one of the leading consumer advocacy magazines as a top walk-in store to purchase a PC based on merchandise selection, service and pricing. Work with us and help us on our mission to be the best computer and electronic device store in the world!
We are seeking a friendly, attentive and proactive Retail Greeter to acknowledge customers, provide customer service and monitor all activity near the entrance and exit doors of our high-volume big box retail store.
- Greet and acknowledge all customers in a friendly, professional manner
- Provide quick, responsive customer service; build repeat business through customer satisfaction
- Direct visitors to various parts of the store
- Monitor activity at the front door to prevent customers from exiting through the entrance door
- Inspect outgoing traffic to prevent unauthorized removal of company property or products
- Communicate suspicious behavior to store management
- Support store operations by maintaining loss prevention awareness and helping to prepare for physical inventory
- Maintain the department by ensuring a clean work area, conducting cycle counts, stocking and replenishing product and participating in merchandising activities
- Participate in open and close procedures
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Professional appearance and demeanor and a sincere interest in helping customers
- The ability to communicate professionally and handle multiple tasks at once
- Physical requirements: lift up to 50 lbs., stand for prolonged periods of time
- Shifts include hours before and after the store is open to the public and may also include mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Previous retail or customer service experience preferred
OUR GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES:
At Micro Center, we empower our employees to set their sights high and blaze their own trails. This is a place where your future success and growth are truly a result of your own efforts and achievements. Our teams are made up of motivated individuals who work hard to advance their careers. Join our team and see how hard work, loyalty, competitive spirit and unwavering commitment to the customer can take you and your career to new places.
BENEFITS & OTHER INFORMATION:
Micro Center offers a balance between personal and professional interests, competitive pay, an employee discount on merchandise, flexible retail schedules and tuition reimbursement. In addition, a high-quality, competitive cafeteria benefits program is available on the first of the month following 60 days of active service to all full-time associates who work at least 30 hours per week. Whether you’re employed full-time or part-time, Micro Center has many options available to support your professional, health and wellness goals!
Micro Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment criminal background and substance abuse screening.