M/I Homes, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at M/I Homes, inc.
Performs complete, detailed material and labor take-offs for all house plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Housing budget/cost management:
- Compiles, verifies, calculates and distributes hard cost items to VP of Purchasing.
- Processes subcontractor bids; reviews and analyzes cost changes.
- Arranges budgets for housing starts including listing of costs for standard and non-standard pricing items.
- Complies, verifies and provides updated costing information for data entry to estimating system.
- Performs itemized take-offs of all material and labor provided in each home and community.
- Assists with custom option and change order costing.
- Reviews published pricing for accuracy.
- Conducts product/material research.
- Understands all construction plans, specifications and geologic reports.
- Organizes construction plans and communicates completed estimates to all appropriate personnel, e.g., construction, trade subcontractors, vendors, other departments, etc.
- May assist with bidding process for new and existing products.
- Performs field audits to analyze purchases, verify quantities, quality and service levels.
- Provides general administrative support for costing department including routine processing of correspondence from rough or revised draft, data entry, preparation of miscellaneous reports, filing and copying. May compile and verify information for reports.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Education Experience:
Bachelor's degree in related field combined with a minimum of three years estimating experience in the homebuilding industry.
Skills and Abilities:
Comprehensive knowledge of residential construction techniques. Ability to read blueprints. Strong analytical and organizational skills. Proficient with Build Pro, JD Edwards and Microsoft Word and Excel. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to meet aggressive deadlines with accuracy. Purchasing, cost accounting, and on screen take off (OST) software experience preferred, but not required.
Office environment. Some overtime may be required.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.